• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2019-2020

Flem274*

123/5
i kinda hope so for the meltdown he always triggers but he's also the exact kinda annoying **** who would take 2 wickets all match - whoever is playing the best and negotiates the cumstarc, twice.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Siddle must honestly have dirt on Langer. I have no idea how else he could be selected. He's not even the second choice Victorian quick FFS.

I loved Siddle around eight years ago. He was a very good bowler. But he was also bowling 20 kph faster than what he's bowling today and with his trajectory you need movement or speed or both to be effective, particularly in Australia. Siddle has none of that. He's a gun barrel 130kph medium pacer. He should be behind Pattinson, Neser, Bird, Richardson, Meredith and Tremain at the very least.

I hate the reasoning that "he brings experience". It's poor reasoning which allows rubbish incumbents to keep getting picked, despite prolonged periods of mediocrity. I don't see what experience Siddle can offer about bowling on the MCG that say Tremain or Pattinson couldn't offer. Heck, if his experience is so useful, hire him as a bowling coach. Just don't pick a guy who is a middling shield bowler.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Honestly its hard to keep quiet as some of the comments make it sound like Siddle is a spent force and terrible even for his state.

PM Siddle 18 @ 19.77
W Sutherland 7 @ 26.66
JL Pattinson 14 @ 28.64
CP Tremain 13 @ 34.69
JM Holland 8 @ 59.28
GJ Maxwell 3 @ 75.66
SM Boland 3 @ 99.66

He is in form and bowling well. I am totally fine with him not making the final XI.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Siddle must honestly have dirt on Langer. I have no idea how else he could be selected. of
Scene: Musty Aust test selection boardroom, leather chairs, wood table, pics of the Don and the Queen on all walls.

Hohns: “Righto then, on to who replaces Hazelwood”

Chappell: “Patto or Richardson? Both would do a good job I think”

Langer: “I’d be ok with either. We could also look at Abbott or Tremain? Jackson Bird?”

***suddenly Peter Siddle appears in a window with a folder entitled “Dirt on Langer”, looking directly into Langer’s eyes, chewing a banana slowly. He points at the folder***

Langer (sweating and agitated) “No, Siddle, definitely Siddle, he’s experienced, good around the group...”