Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Australian test selection 2019-2020

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    big fan of not picking marsh for the squad he should have been in and picking marsh for the squad he shouldn't be in

dont see the point in picking both bancroft and harris. in my mind, you pick whoever you think is better and you're sticking with him for the series. if an injury happens, call the other one. if the injury happens on the morning of the match, oh well usman opens big deal.

am i supposed to believe they aren't a handful of bowlers better than Neser
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

International Debutant GoodAreasShane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Handscomb can rightly feel annoyed that he's not there ahead of them, given he's a better batsman when playing for Victoria than Harris.
    Nah. Not even close.
    Allegedly banned

Quote Originally Posted by Magrat Garlick View Post
    glad to not have found out the real name of GoodAreasShane, as it allows me to keep imagining that at club cricket his mates shout "good areas, GoodAreasShane"
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    JP Kotze is a hero.

They absolutely don't need 6 bowlers and ****ing Marsh. Just Labu would've done in place of both Neser and Marsh if they really wanted an 'all rounder'.
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

They didn't even need to pick Labaschagne or Bancroft if they're not starters since both had county contracts and could be called up at short notice.

Harris is on a sightseeing tour.

International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Handscomb can rightly feel annoyed that he's not there ahead of them, given he's a better batsman when playing for Victoria than Harris.
    Harris averaged 70 in the most recent Shield season compared to Handscomb averaging 45

(Burns averaged 38)

How Bird didn't get in over Neser I won't ever understand. Siddle I don't have a problem with.

The less said about the batting the better.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Harris averaged 70 in the most recent Shield season compared to Handscomb averaging 45

(Burns averaged 38)
    And what about the four years before that?

International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    And what about the four years before that?
    You know players change right? In Harris' case especially I wouldn't bother looking more than 2 years ago, he's a completely different player

International Vice-Captain aussie tragic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    You know players change right? In Harris' case especially I wouldn't bother looking more than 2 years ago, he's a completely different player
    Yep, never would of made a good test 30 more than 2 years ago

Cricket Spectator
    This squad isn’t actually too bad.

Omissions of Patterson, Burns and Bird are contentious but defensible. Burns is coming off a major health issue and there are question marks over how his technique would hold us against Anderson et al in seaming conditions. I rate Patterson, has it in him to be a long term test player averaging 40+, but he’s barely been able to buy a run on this tour at a time when Smith/Warner are returning and other fringe players were scoring well. He’ll be back, but it would have been a real leap of faith to chuck him into the top 6 at Edgebaston notwithstanding the hundred in Canberra.

Bird is a better all round bowler than Siddle (at least now, since Siddle lost a few yards around 2013/14) but his record in the UK is disappointing. Siddle is doing the job for Essex, has been on three previous Ashes tours and you could bank on him doing a serviceable job as a third seamer in seam-friendly conditions.

Bancroft is in the runs at the right time and the management clearly rate his temperament. His numbers for Durham don’t look amazing at first glance, but his home conditions there are very seamer-friendly. Just hope he’s ironed it his technical issues during the hiatus.

I think the only really questionable selections are Marsh and Nesser. Marsh is not good enough to bat in the top 6 in typical English conditions, and you wouldn’t want him at 7 if it means pushing Paine into the top 6. And he’s clearly not a good enough bowler to form part of a 4 man attack - he doesn’t fit into the side without making it unbalanced.

Nesser was presumably picked over Bird and Tremain due to his batting, but he’s only ever going to be a number 8 at test level. Not sure that his extra batting ability at 8 is needed given at least two of Cummins, Pattinson and Starc are likely to feature.
    social likes this.

Welcome to the forum BackToBasics.

It's the omissions more than the selections which are questionable. Omitting Patterson was ridiculous. He was not dismissed on the List A tour and played three innings in first class cricket - 4, 32 and 38 - since his 76 in the shield final. Sure it hasn't been the best form but the sample size has been minuscule.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trundler View Post
    They absolutely don't need 6 bowlers and ****ing Marsh. Just Labu would've done in place of both Neser and Marsh if they really wanted an 'all rounder'.
    I dont mind 6 bowlers since there is a 3 day tour match which starts potentially only 2 days after the first test ends.

Id assume the 3 quicks who play in the test wont play the tour match. I know its slightly weird to plan for tour matches, but with 5 Tests and 2 tour matches in a short period of time, it would be mad not to.

International Vice-Captain Tangles's Avatar
    The Bancroft selection was so predictable. He was probably penciled in for his return during the Ashes as soon as his ban was given. He and Marsh are Langer being Langer.

Everyone is expecting Pattinson to be a human wrecking ball and that concerns me. Someone who's seen him bowl recently reassure me. Just need Smith to not disappoint if he fires.

He's been on fire
    cricket rules brah

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information