• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2019-2020

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Head was thrown into Shield cricket at 18, in an especially dire SACA lineup at that, his first two or three seasons were somewhat of a struggle. Has been averaging over 40 for sure over the last couple of years. Citing Head's FC average to try and discredit him is absolute junk analysis
Come on, I know some people here like viewing certain players through rose-tinted glasses, but his ratio of 50's to 100's at FC level is pretty ordinary. (Compare it to his own List A ratio) You can't blame the Dreadback batting line-up for that.

There's very little evidence that Head will amount to much more than a Shaun Marsh-type player over the long-term.

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Come on, I know some people here like viewing certain players through rose-tinted glasses, but his ratio of 50's to 100's at FC is pretty ordinary.

There's very little evidence that Head will amount to much more than a Shaun Marsh-type player over the long-term.
Yeah his conversion rate is somewhat concerning, but that is beside my point. Looking solely at his FC numbers without context is a terrible argument

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's 25 though. Batsmen don't usually peak until 28-33. Plenty of time for him to up his game.

And lack of conversion hasn't stopped Joe Root from having a decent test career.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warner
Khawaja
Labuschagne
Smith
Patterson
Pucovski
Carey

for the home summer

Head, Harris, Bancroft, Wade, Paine can all **** off

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've put too much effort into hating Travis to let him into my team now

you watch though, he'll be gone in no time.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Warner
Khawaja
Labuschagne
Smith
Patterson
Pucovski
Carey

for the home summer

Head, Harris, Bancroft, Wade, Paine can all **** off
Agree 100% with this top six. Happy for Khawaja to open, especially at home. And until Renshaw sorts his **** out and becomes the opener we really need. Paine can either stay or go, I'm not fussed either way whether it's him or Carey in tests at the moment.

But I think if Smith doesn't captain again, Carey will be our next captain.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
As I have been saying over and over again, Carey has never led South Australia at any point, how he is considered a possible captain I can't wrap my head around at all

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
As I have been saying over and over again, Carey has never led South Australia at any point, how he is considered a possible captain I can't wrap my head around at all
True, but he was GWS's AFL captain early on and he is VC of both the one day and T20 Aust teams at the moment, so the hierarchy obviously think he's capable.

It's probably not ideal, but realistically, who else (if not Smith). Head is the other option I suppose.