• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh ODI Series 2019

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Allows the home fans to say goodbye I suppose

On reflection he did an amazing job in the WC, coming back after a couple of years of neglect from SL management and saving us from embarrassment (helping us be quite competitive itbt) as his final contribution, setting us up to try and rebuild our LO reputation which was in absolute tatters coming into the WC

Heboric

International Debutant
Allows the home fans to say goodbye I suppose

On reflection he did an amazing job in the WC, coming back after a couple of years of neglect from SL management and saving us from embarrassment (helping us be quite competitive itbt) as his final contribution, setting us up to try and rebuild our LO reputation which was in absolute tatters coming into the WC
I get but what about the other fans, its only 3 games

Ulzan69

Banned
Mithun 91
Rahim 50
Captain tamim 37
Guide BD for 5 w win in warm up

SLBPXL
Were 146 for 6 but shanaka hits
86 in an hour and 56 from shehan jayasurya

SLBP 282
BD 285/5

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I love how even though he hasn't played even played a domestic game in 18 months he only retired from international cricket.
So turns out Malinga actually valued the bond he formed with Kula over the years and wanted to honour it by having a send off game for the two of them, but SLC weren't keen on the idea, so Kula just announced his retirement, I doubt he'll play cricket again competitively at either FC or List A level either.

cnerd123

likes this
really hard to care about this tour atm, especially with the Ireland/England game happening alongside it.

Cricbuzz and Cricinfo disagree on the squad picked by BD too which is pretty funny.

Don't see the point in picking Farhad Reza. He's 33. He won't be there for the next WC. Same for 29 year old fringe seamer Shafiul Islam (assuming Cricbuzz is correct that he's in the squad).

This should have been used as away to blood the next generation. I get keeping some of the senior pros around for guidance, but are those two + Rubel going to be playing in 2023?

Taijul will be 33 by then too, but he's a quality spinner and could be leading the attack by then so fair enough.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was genuinely shocked to see how much of a cliff fall Kulasekera's decline had been when I looked up the stats. Was a wonderful bowler in the early 00s. Great partnership with Malinga. Was disappointing how he faded away but an accurate swing bowler from SL ought to be celebrated.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This partnership is looking ominous. It needs to be broken and things will calm down when Mendis and Mathews look to construct.

Ulzan69

Banned
What a shocking news
Mohd Amir Retires from test cricket so he can concentrate on white ball domestic or so
I just read at cricbuzz

Ireland need 182 to beat Eng

SL 165 /2 vs BD
K factor so far works good
Perera need 11 more for 100