• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in West Indies 2019

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India Squad

Tests: Virat Kohli (c), Ajinkya Rahane (vc), Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Hanuma Vihari, Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant (wk) Wriddhiman Saha (wk), R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Umesh Yadav

ODIs: Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kedar Jadhav, Mohammed Shami, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed, Navdeep Saini

T20Is: Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Rishabh Pant (wk), Krunal Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Rahul Chahar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed, Deepak Chahar, Navdeep Saini

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No Shaw/Gill/Iyer in tests? Depressing
Yeah I'm a bit surprised Shaw's not ahead of Rahul given their recent form in the format. Maybe Shaw's ankle still isn't right?

EDIT: Turns out its another injury.

Starfighter

Surprised to be no BK in Test squad.
Rats. Would like to have finally seen him get a go with the Dukes ball. It's also his best format, and he should definitely be there instead of Yadav who has never developed the needed control.

mr_mister

is this test championship going to mean 2 test series all the time now except for ones involving the big 3? If so that really sucks

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Ishant as of recently has been pretty impressive, but that isn't enough to outweigh the memories of him spending a good 7 or 8 years bowling hot garbage and still getting picked constantly despite that. Was still pretty crap last time Australia toured India but since then his record would have to be pretty good.

I guess I just don't tend to rate those who get such a long rope selection wise without really justifying it. See also: Marsh, S

morgieb

Ishant as of recently has been pretty impressive, but that isn't enough to outweigh the memories of him spending a good 7 or 8 years bowling hot garbage and still getting picked constantly despite that. Was still pretty crap last time Australia toured India but since then his record would have to be pretty good.

I guess I just don't tend to rate those who get such a long rope selection wise without really justifying it. See also: Marsh, S
In fairness I think a lot of Sharma's long rope was down to a lack of better options, and when the field started improve so did he. Different to Marsh getting multiple recalls when he didn't really deserve it.

vcs

Ishant has improved his accuracy a bit and he always had the stamina to bowl long spells. With Bumrah and Shami taking the new ball, he is good enough to do the holding job. Been pretty good over the last few tours.

sunilz

International Regular
So insecure Kohli doesn't skip the ODI and T20 part of this tour. Ganguly gave his opening position to Sehwag in ODI team for the benefit of team. Tendulkar skipped many ODI series between 2007-11 which helped in development of Gautam Gambhir . But insecure Kohli won't allow any youngster like Gill to develop nor would he
resign from captaincy