• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in West Indies 2019

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Pagan looked all class until he inevitably hot out for 30. Garrick was also a talent but a maverick.

Xavier Marshall was amazing at under 19 level also. The fact not a single one of these names made it is shameful.

Beamer

I still think the biggest waste was Barath. He had everything you need to be a class batsman.

Something is massively wrong when you really think about it.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pagan looked all class until he inevitably hot out for 30. Garrick was also a talent but a maverick.

Xavier Marshall was amazing at under 19 level also. The fact not a single one of these names made it is shameful.
I remember being glued to the radio when him and Gayle put on that record 400+ opening partnership. Makes me feel old.

Daemon

Adrian Barath.. did so well all throughout his childhood at every age group, tonned up against Anderson and co. in an A game and then of course that brilliant ton at the Gabba on debut. Whatever happened?

h_hurricane

West Indies Legends?
Bowler Tests Wickets Average Strike rate Economy 5wi 10wm
Andy Roberts 47 202 25.61 55.1 2.78 11 2
Wes Hall 48 192 26.38 54.2 2.91 9 1
Kemar Roach 54 189 26.95 51.3 3.14 9 1

Roach is so under rated.

vcs

He's been delivering consistently for a couple of years now. Never knew he was such a useful biffer with the bat either LOL. He gets very nice shape on those outswingers from wide of the crease.

Needs to stay fit and fix some of his awful overseas numbers to be compared with the greats though.

Beamer

I remember being glued to the radio when him and Gayle put on that record 400+ opening partnership. Makes me feel old.
Me too! Two yougnsters scoring all those runs at the time :laugh:

Adrian Barath.. did so well all throughout his childhood at every age group, tonned up against Anderson and co. in an A game and then of course that brilliant ton at the Gabba on debut. Whatever happened?
Mentally lost it. Earned a fair amount of money through the Champions League and the IPL. Never had the same love for cricket. Got dropped from the West Indies side then couldn't even make runs for T & T. Once they dropped him he retired and is now a Jehovas witness. A terrible waste of talent. If this happened to one or two players you would say fair enough, some just aren't mentally strong enough for International sport. But this happens to so many West Indians who dominate at age group level, so something is very very wrong with our system.

He's been delivering consistently for a couple of years now. Never knew he was such a useful biffer with the bat either LOL. He gets very nice shape on those outswingers from wide of the crease.

Needs to stay fit and fix some of his awful overseas numbers to be compared with the greats though.
Yeah I would say he is one of the World's best at the moment but to stay there and really cement his place in West Indian cricket history he needs to perform well on a couple of away tours. England next year is a huge opportunity for him.

Beamer

There seems to be almost complete consensus among West Indies fans that Paul and Cornwall should come in for Brooks and Cummins. This is very rare indeed!

Just you watch the idiots pick Brooks and play no spinner.

SillyCowCorner1

Me too! Two yougnsters scoring all those runs at the time :laugh:
Man, Busta Cup was great FC cricket, Red Stripe as well...I think the lost it a bit with Carib Beer

There seems to be almost complete consensus among West Indies fans that Paul and Cornwall should come in for Brooks and Cummins. This is very rare indeed!

Just you watch the idiots pick Brooks and play no spinner.
They'll say that both of them justified their spots.

Beamer

Man, Busta Cup was great FC cricket, Red Stripe as well...I think the lost it a bit with Carib Beer

They'll say that both of them justified their spots.
Do you remember Hoops returning for Guyana and bossing it? Scored ludicrous amounts of runs.

Beamer

From the soundbites I have heard and the pictures of the pitch, I think Rakheem is very unlikely to play. I think that will be a very bad call as Sabina Park always spins.

Daemon

Some juicy cracks there, but maybe the grass will just hold it all together and they won't widen.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I too agree about the need for a spinner at Sabina Park, domestically Nikita Miller always seems to take plenty of wickets @ 15odd so there is definitely a bit there

h_hurricane

Of late, I have been itching to watch Indian fast bowlers more than our batsmen. How times have changed.