• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb decides- England's all time ODI XI

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'll run a few of these over the next few weeks, as we farewell a good World Cup. These will be based on overall ODI records, not just WC records.

First, we will select two opening/pace bowlers. Pick the two bowlers who would open the bowling in an Eng ATG ODI XI.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Crazy to think how poor England were at ODI's for so long. You could make a very good case that the current Top 6 would all make the Top 6/7 of the ATG side (along with Flintoff).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Crazy to think how poor England were at ODI's for so long. You could make a very good case that the current Top 6 would all make the Top 6/7 of the ATG side (along with Flintoff).
Yeah i was just thinking about the batting too. There are about 3 other bats in with a shot.

trundler

Flintoff Vs Stokes would be interesting when we get to ARs. Both middle order batsmen.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Chris Woakes gets nothing even though his new ball spells just won us a world cup?

Four matchwinning spells in four must win games.

Usually CW has a big hang up on winning big world cup games when it comes to ODI records, but it looks like the big hang up on 90s players being inherently better than modern players has won here.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's a bit hard considering someone who averages over 30. If he was more consistent and got that down then maybe. As much as England were made fun of for their slow and outmoded batting a few years a go to me it's their bowling that has been the weak spot in their history. Flintoff is the only one close to being a great ODI bowler, at least numbers wise. And I tend not to put too much stock on the World Cup, unless I have a barrow to push of course.

DeFreitas
At least Woakes has 5-fors though.

trundler

Wonder if Botham gets in. Lower middle order could potentially be Flintoff, Stokes, Buttler, Botham, Woakes. No out and and out great pacer but #BatDeep.