• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of Sri Lanka 2019

Flem274*

123/5
good ball that, hopefully it will perk southee up. i said yesterday he's lost 10 clicks. today looks more like he's lost 15 clicks.

we need his 2012-2014 best this summer.

edit - this isn't meant to sound like a pace = indicator of quality post, more of a southee's pace = indicator of his quality post. mohammad abbas doesn't need to be late 130s to be class but southee's always done best with his bounce and finds it easier to get late swing when he's bowling quicker.

Last edited:

Jezroy

State Captain
Southee’s got that average back to 30.02

One more wicket to return to the 20s
I’m sure it was in the 29s at some point in the last year or so, but just crept back over 30 again.

EDIT: Yeah, during the second test against SL and first test vs Bangladesh last summer it dipped under 30 before going back up in the second Bangladesh test.

Last edited:

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Southee's actually seemed alright to me, from what I've seen this game (not a lot of the first innings, admittedly). Down on pace but keeping it very tight. That was a nice ball to get Perera, bit of a carrot with just enough shape out.