• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of Sri Lanka 2019

DriveClub

International Regular
Unless lankans get a sizeable lead its advantage nz. Its virtually unplayable in 4th innings in galle I think

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Just hoping we don't get another Harbhajan situation.

It has actually looked pretty good for batting at times, it's just batsmen seem to lose their heads and patience.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Unless lankans get a sizeable lead its advantage nz. Its virtually unplayable in 4th innings in galle I think
Yeah they showed the averages per innings at the ground and it was 150 or something for the fourth ... 250-odd for second and third. Although 400 for the first innings which we obviously didn’t get.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ ahead here. You need a 50 run lead at least to counter the disadvantage of batting last.

nzfan

Just hoping we don't get another Harbhajan situation.

It has actually looked pretty good for batting at times, it's just batsmen seem to lose their heads and patience.
There were some serious brain fart from SL no doubt. I think half the team got out to what you wouldn't call a test match shot. Is it much of a wonder they are at no.6 in the table? On paper they look quite good but application not so good.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Galle pitches don't always break into pieces on days 3-5 either, seen a few boring draws and some late finishes where the pitch was fine to bat on last, tends to be road or minefield from day 1 depending on how the groundsmen were paid off

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Galle pitches don't always break into pieces on days 3-5 either, seen a few boring draws and some late finishes where the pitch was fine to bat on last, tends to be road or minefield from day 1 depending on how the groundsmen were paid off
That plus the horrendous rain forecast is why I was very surprised the draw was paying $6 this morning on TAB

Put 20 on of course

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Was really gunning for Lakmal's first test 50, damn, Dickwella will have to look at farming and slogging a bit now, 10 and 11 haven't got a whole lot to offer I'm afraid

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
These tail end runs hurting us now, and makes the way we lost our remaining wickets yesterday morning look worse in hindsight.

Basically, need a big score from Kaneh - I guess after that first innings we can say he's due.

veganbob

U19 Captain
Annoying to concede the lead after we had them around 160/7 . Dickwella did well for lanka though.

Ill still take this position happily. Just need a much better batting performance in the 2nd innings.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Honours even, ball in NZs court though - get up over 200 in front and they are in the box seat, collaps for 150 or less and SL will back themselves to chase comfortably, a full days play here and we'll be pretty close to a result is my prediction

nzfan

Got back from work to watch our lads put a good partnership but then Raval is out already :-(

Latham playing too much on the backfoot makes me nervous.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
I mean, at this point it seems too much to expect Raval to score anything substantial tbh. The only hope now is a Kaneh ton(ish) with decent support from Rossco/Nicholls et al.

I won't feel safe with 250. Gotta get as close to 300 as possible.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Pitch still looks pretty good, will break up a bit on day 4-5 you'd think but definitely not beyond a strong batting line-up to set 300 from here. Not a great deal of turn or rough, fairly flat and although there is slow turn nothing really outrageous off the straight, good toss to win it would seem, really hope the rain stays away