• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of Sri Lanka 2019

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Strange field for Boult. No catchers except for gully.

Good partnership, they've had heaps of luck but hung in there. Having said that, not a fan of the field placing and the around the wicket stuff, the batsmen haven't look to take *that*many risks.

Last edited:

Burner

International Regular
Everytime I watch SL, Dickwella does something like this. I am surprised bloke hasn't blown up yet. Rate him.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hmmm, match very evenly poised. Gotta be pleased not to bat last... if the weather allows that to matter.

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
Everytime I watch SL, Dickwella does something like this. I am surprised bloke hasn't blown up yet. Rate him.
Seems to regularly have knocks in the 30-50 region batting with the tail in tests.Maybe not opening but would like to see him back in the ODI side sooner rather then later.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Decent day overall. From where it stood with Mendis and Mathews, I'll take this.

Ajaz, WAG. Missed most of the match, but gonna catch up with the highlights. Expected partnership from Lakmal/Dickwella tho.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Saw that Somerville's quite expensive, given the 20 odd overs bowled. Did he bowl a lot of dross?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there a better example of a spud cricketer who becomes a vital one than Lakmal. Last few years he is transformed and chips in with valuable runs now and again too.
I need to go dig up my posts from 2014 where I was arguing against the whole forum (mainly PEWS) about how he would come good

I don't know where his batting has come from though

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I need to go dig up my posts from 2014 where I was arguing against the whole forum (mainly PEWS) about how he would come good
I think it was mainly Flem actually - he has an intense hatred of him - although I certainly thought he was a **** **** as well.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Pitch is one of those ones where it's a little tricky to get in, and the wickets have tumbled in between solid partnerships for the most part, Ross will be disappointed not to have gone on, as would Dimuth, Matthews and Mendis, hopefully Dickwella can scrape us home to a bit of a lead tomorrow, but will be tough against the new ball, reckon it will be pretty close to parity when NZ are back in

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmmm, match very evenly poised. Gotta be pleased not to bat last... if the weather allows that to matter.
Yeah it looks like you'll struggle to get more than 15 overs in for the next three days. Sad as otherwise you're looking at a really good Test.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it looks like you'll struggle to get more than 15 overs in for the next three days. Sad as otherwise you're looking at a really good Test.
Forecast looked equally bad for day 1 and 2 when I checked the night before the game started tbf

Anyway the SL groundstaff will make the most of any time available, if the game moves quick enough we'll get a result

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!

I don't know where his batting has come from though
A bit like forum favourite Fatty in a way that once he became a good bowler he decided he needed to give himself something to bowl at so joined in with the bat.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing we couldn't press on and get a big first innings lead. Didn't see any of the last session, did SRL bat well or NZ go to bits in the field?

It'll basically be a second innings shoot out, so I think it's probably advantage Sri Lanka from here. NZ have to hope for Kane to make up for his first innings brain implosion and the rest of the team to rally around him to set a defendable 200+ target.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Turning out into the series vs Pakistan in Dubai... It's ebbed and flowed so far. In for another roller coaster ride this test match I guess. Why can't our boys do it easy? Has it got to be close every time? That said full value for money though.