• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of Sri Lanka 2019

Flem274*

123/5
beauty

i might be reading too much into his style and stature but ajaz really is stiff to be a kiwi instead of a sri lankan or indian. if he managed to get a national gig with either nation he'd take a lot of wickets at home. nz conditions offer short side spinners like him nothing.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Finally getting to watch some of this. Patel bowling extremely well. Looks a genuine threat in these conditions.

Very crucial for NZ to get a lead seeing how wickets seem ro be falling in clumps. Dickwella crucial now.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
tuned in a few overs before the wicket. how have we bowled and sl batted?

annoyed to see we collapsed immediately
Half an hour ago I wasn't that happy with our bowling outside Ajaz and tbf, he's done most of it since then. Somerville just looks rusty. Santner ok but not that threatening. Boult and Southee tight though I didn't catch their new ball spells - from the commentary they did have some assistance from the conditions and challenged the edge a few times, but perhaps not in the right spot consistently enough.

Moss

Couple of decent nuts from Somerville.

And he gets him now! Hopefully his match improves.

veganbob

U19 Captain
Great stuff from Ajaz.
Just a great story too-he was a medium/pace bowler even right up to under 19 cricket-was told he would not make it to higher levels, turned himself into a spinner. Years of hard work later-he is playing tests for NZ.
And doing it so well too .

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is there a better example of a spud cricketer who becomes a vital one than Lakmal. Last few years he is transformed and chips in with valuable runs now and again too.

Moss

Somerville's not landed enough enough deliveries in the same spot for my liking, especially to the left hander.