• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of Sri Lanka 2019

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka's best spinner on form is the young Embuldeniya, but Dananjaya looked to have found his old zip with the off-break in the Bangladesh ODIs and he has a good record so far too, but without Dilruwan Perera the spin attack is young and inexperienced

Jezroy

State Captain
Looking at the forecast in Galle for the next week... I’d say it’s not going to 2-0 to anyone except the rain.

And people were digging in at England during the World Cup.

Jezroy

State Captain
Actually interestingly I didn’t realise that in the WTC (in a 2 test series like this one) you get 60 points for a win and 20 points for a draw. So if you finish 0-0, you end up with 40 points from the series. But if you end up 1-1 you get 60 points each.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I thought India were at around 120 a few months back.. how are we back at 113?
As I understand it, under the ranking system points accumulated are halved after 2 years, and disappear altogether after 4. So basically, India probably lost some of the points they accumulated from womping England and beating Australia back in 2016/17, while the defeats they suffered in 2018 against SA and England will still be sitting on their balance sheet.

Flem274*

123/5
being #1 would generate tasty tears from the 'worst #1 ever' and 'this is a bad era' and 'india/ashes flavour of the month/sa are better because nz' crowd.

the trolling opportunities until the #1 curse meant ben stokes scored 150* in overthrows off the bat at the basin to win the series for england after erasmus saws off the entire nz side would be beautiful tho.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Na we'd be fine because everyone will just say Test rankings don't matter anymore and only the championship does.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Holy ****ing ****. NZ will be the #1 Test team if we win 2-0?!?
I think India will pretty much immediately take it back provided they stuff WI as badly as we all expect them to. We'd be able to take the position on a more comprehensive basis if we win all 4 of our upcoming series over the next 6 months.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Although England also beat Sri Lanka over there, so who knows. I definitely think they're less of a threat without Herath, in any case.
Yeah the two most un SL-like results happened in the last year - a whitewash victory against SA away from home and a whitewash defeat at home to England

Our home record of pretty much the last 20 years has been built off having a strong batting line-up put up a good total on a road and then have our premier spinner come on and reveal it was actually a minefield. Since 2015 we haven't had the batting really and it's shown, and now we are searching for the next big spin thing, so it's a good time to tour SL

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's kind of weird and interesting how SL have had the busiest Test calendar over the last 12 months as well. It's as if they've given up on the shorter formats as they've got worse at it.

Their Test results and performances have been quite good apart from the home defeat to England and the spanking in Australia, beat SA home and away, respectable loss in NZ, drew in WI.