• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket's unfortunate incidents

Waughney

International Debutant
"Hundreds of men belonging to both the groups bean attacking each other using lethal weapons and tension gripped the entire area."
:-O How did it get this bad?? There must have been more to the story.
Can anyone shed some light on the topic?

chicane

State Captain
The incident where a player was killed after getting hit smack on the temple.(Don't remember his name)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pakistani guy who got killed when he top edged a sweep shot into his throat... That was pretty awful :( Played minor league cricket so it didnt get much publicity...
As for unruly behavior, the last East Rand schools final ended in some nutter bringing out a gun when a poor umpiring decision was made...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The crowd stampede that cost the West Indies an ODI victory and ultimately a series victory the second to last time Australia toured the Caribbean.

Also, the unruly Indian crowd during the first two games of the ODI series between the West Indies and India in 2002.

chicane

State Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Also, the unruly Indian crowd during the first two games of the ODI series between the West Indies and India in 2002.
Actually, several incidents of unruly Indian crowds disrupting matches.(Ironically sometimes even when India are coasting, like in one of the matches in 2002.)

Sehwag309

Banned
Calcutta - Crowd Removed

West Indies- WI/Aus 1-day game, crowds showering the ground with bottles etc..after Campbells Run-out

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The crowd stampede that cost the West Indies an ODI victory and ultimately a series victory the second to last time Australia toured the Caribbean.

Which makes it all the more baffling since India were favourites to win at that stage and the WI the match.

It wasnt as though as the match was lost.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
Which makes it all the more baffling since India were favourites to win at that stage and the WI the match.

It wasnt as though as the match was lost.
Well the West Indies were in control in the first game, then we were forced to come back out and bat in the gloom due to the disruption.

The second time India were in control, which as you say, makes it very strange.

krkode

State Captain
I remember after India beat Pakistan in the 1999 World Cup the field storming didn't go very pretty. Lots of people got trampled on.

There was even a picture of it on cricinfo. I'm sure it's still there in some archive somewhere.

Unfortunate how some people let their passions fly as such.

V Reddy

International Debutant
krkode said:
I remember after India beat Pakistan in the 1999 World Cup the field storming didn't go very pretty. Lots of people got trampled on.

There was even a picture of it on cricinfo. I'm sure it's still there in some archive somewhere.

Unfortunate how some people let their passions fly as such.

I remember that incident :D . Jadeja fell down too i think with his leg getting tangled in a rope trying to escape from the crowd. Prasad was on the other side of the ground and had not no chance. He was lifted by the Indian supporters and carried to the pavilion :laugh: .

Craig

World Traveller
The Jason Gillespie - Steve Waugh collision in Kandy in 1999 is another.

I can still picture it in my head.

Langeveldt

Soutie
The conduct of the pakistani crowds during the Natwest Series in 2001(?)... When that match had to be forfeited by England...

chicane

State Captain
A West Indian batsman while playing the pull short hitting Ian Healy on the head with the bat, no helmet.