cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Stupid Cricket Rules

  1. #1
    International Debutant Burner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Leave her, Johnny, leave her.
    Posts
    2,589

    Stupid Cricket Rules

    Now that we are all outraging over the deflection not being called a deadball and the tie breaker being boundaries scored, it'll be a good opportunity to talk about some more silly cricket rules that need amendment.

    Like for the fact that when an umpire raises his finger for an LBW and the batsman runs a single, then reviews and it turns out that there was a inside edge, the batsman does not get the single. I think in a 1 off one or 2 off one needed scenario if this happens, it'll be way more uglier.

  2. #2
    International Debutant Burner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Leave her, Johnny, leave her.
    Posts
    2,589
    I also think that in the case of a tied super over they should play another super over with the caveats that the batsman that played the first super over cannot bat again and likewise for the bowler. Will be a lot more fun.
    Kippax, Niall, _Ed_ and 5 others like this.

  3. #3
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    I also think that in the case of a tied super over they should play another super over with the caveats that the batsman that played the first super over cannot bat again and likewise for the bowler. Will be a lot more fun.
    Holy ****, thats actually genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

  4. #4
    International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    13,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    Like for the fact that when an umpire raises his finger for an LBW and the batsman runs a single, then reviews and it turns out that there was a inside edge, the batsman does not get the single. I think in a 1 off one or 2 off one needed scenario if this happens, it'll be way more uglier.
    I want to see this happen now, would be an absolute farce


  5. #5
    International Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    3,795
    Leg byes

  6. #6
    Cricketer Of The Year trundler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    9,186
    Yeah, more attention should be drawn to that dead ball if lbw given rule since you absolutely don't want that wrecking a final either.
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

  7. #7
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    24,251
    I hate in Tests always hated when its 5 wides but only 4 byes. Especially when the comms say the keeper was unlucky to have those given as byes.

  8. #8
    International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    13,048
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I hate in Tests always hated when its 5 wides but only 4 byes. Especially when the comms say the keeper was unlucky to have those given as byes.
    why? it makes sense to me. Whether it's a wide or not depends on where it passes the batsman, whether the keeper can reach it depends on where it passes the keeper. They're not always directly related. You can have a ball that's not a wide be impossible for the keeper to stop.

  9. #9
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    24,251
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    why? it makes sense to me. Whether it's a wide or not depends on where it passes the batsman, whether the keeper can reach it depends on where it passes the keeper. They're not always directly related. You can have a ball that's not a wide be impossible for the keeper to stop.
    Sometimes it feels like a lottery whether theyll go wides or byes and the fact that wides already gives away an extra ball makes it a pretty big difference between 5 wides and 4 byes.

  10. #10
    International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    13,048
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Sometimes it feels like a lottery whether theyll go wides or byes and the fact that wides already gives away an extra ball makes it a pretty big difference between 5 wides and 4 byes.
    Sure but isn't that the point of having wides as a rule, to penalise the bowler/fielding team? And whether or not it's a lottery, well, that's just depending on the umpire doing their job well. You could say the same about lbws, front foot no-balls etc.
    Bijed likes this.

  11. #11
    International Coach wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    12,269
    Batsmen being given not out if playing a shot when it hits them outside the line of off stump, even if it was going to take out middle.

  12. #12
    Cricketer Of The Year trundler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    9,186
    What about pitching outside leg?

  13. #13
    International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    13,048
    Pitching outside leg needs to stay. Can you imagine without it bowlers would just hammer around the wicket into batsmen's legs until they missed one, which they will. It would be poor cricket.
    OverratedSanity and Bijed like this.

  14. #14
    Global Moderator harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    17,532
    I wouldn't mind adding a fourth stump margin to the pitching outside leg rule
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

  15. #15
    International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    6,595
    Soft signal decision.
    zorax and Bijed like this.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society


    E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need help about some cricket rules
    By fahadimtiaz in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 10:59 AM
  2. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 06:15 PM
  3. Cricket Rules
    By Natman20 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 07:12 AM
  4. Cricket rules : what should be in and out
    By nookie_lk in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 12-08-2004, 05:05 AM
  5. Stupid moments on the cricket field.
    By Hoggy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 15-10-2003, 11:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •