• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC teaches FIFA. No Penalties! If game is tied after ET team with most corners wins

Attitude

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
That makes sense right?

What an absolute shameful way to end the greatest ODI played ever.

It is not some irrelevant bilateral ODI that they are deciding. In those fine, they could flip a coin for all I care. But this is the World Cup Final. The biggest game there is. There should have been a 2nd 3rd ... nth super over if need be.

What kind of a wet moppish way is this to decide the outcome of the world cup final?

Absolutely disappointed with this. I feel for England actually. There will be forever and asterisk (*) attached to their World Cup win. I mean they didn't score more runs than NZ. It is a tie. But England 'won'.

It is not even England's fault. They played some damn good cricket.

It is the ICC and its stupid attempt to constantly stomp down the game at every opportunity. What an advert for the game this final was. Trust ICC to come up with a wet mop unsatisfactory ending.

Disgraceful.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hmm. Not the best attempt at a post I've ever seen. Grammar and spelling not bad, but decidedly lacking in quality. Little evidence of original thought or understanding. Many apparent gaps in knowledge.

Attitude

Hmm. Not the best attempt at a post I've ever seen. Grammar and spelling not bad, but decidedly lacking in quality. Little evidence of original thought or understanding. Many apparent gaps in knowledge.
Wow! I had heard of autological words, but an autological post! How insightful! Groundbreaking stuff.

Last edited:

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
In last year's football World Cup Senegal were eliminated because they'd had more yellow cards than Japan.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Comparing corners to boundaries is silly anyway. Corners aren’t scoring shots in football. There really is no equivalent.

Pom_in_SA

Cricket Spectator
That makes sense right?

What an absolute shameful way to end the greatest ODI played ever.

It is not some irrelevant bilateral ODI that they are deciding. In those fine, they could flip a coin for all I care. But this is the World Cup Final. The biggest game there is. There should have been a 2nd 3rd ... nth super over if need be.

What kind of a wet moppish way is this to decide the outcome of the world cup final?

Absolutely disappointed with this. I feel for England actually. There will be forever and asterisk (*) attached to their World Cup win. I mean they didn't score more runs than NZ. It is a tie. But England 'won'.

It is not even England's fault. They played some damn good cricket.

It is the ICC and its stupid attempt to constantly stomp down the game at every opportunity. What an advert for the game this final was. Trust ICC to come up with a wet mop unsatisfactory ending.

Disgraceful.
Don't feel sorry for us...we don't care if there is *, a rabbit or a flying radish after the title of WORLD CHAMPIONS.

Attitude

Don't feel sorry for us...we don't care if there is *, a rabbit or a flying radish after the title of WORLD CHAMPIONS.
I know, but its not like you have a choice. Its you first and only so far and of course you will celebrate it like crazy. But when you win a proper one, you will know the diff.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I played in a soccer tournament when a teenager where they genuinely did use corners as the tie-breaker. It was stupid.

Pom_in_SA

Cricket Spectator
I know, but its not like you have a choice. Its you first and only so far and of course you will celebrate it like crazy. But when you win a proper one, you will know the diff.
After thrashing Australia/India and beating New Zealand twice, it feels quite 'proper' to us, with the pleasure accentuated by your jealousy.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

WORLD CHAMPIONS*

Attitude

After thrashing Australia/India and beating New Zealand twice, it feels quite 'proper' to us, with the pleasure accentuated by your jealousy.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

WORLD CHAMPIONS*
You are resorting to typical nonsensical internet forum tropes. First of there is no jealously. I am happy that England won. When I read books by British authors of the past, I find cricket features prominently in those books. Post 1966 not so much. I wanted England to win the World cup so the game could revive there. I wanted England to win.

If you want to point some India angle to it, India was far more success and important trophies in white ball cricket than England could have in a million years. You are welcome to your one. And lets not even start counting Australia's successes.

So jealous of what. Your undeserving one little white ball trophy? Lol, trust me had it been India 'winning' like that, I would have prefer India to have lsot the final than 'won' like that.

WORLD CHAMPIONS*
And thats the point, you didn't beat NZ. I mean okay you didn't do anything besides sitting on a couch somewhere. But England didn't beat NZ twice. The final was a tie and what is more the Stokes overthrow gave you 1 run extra https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/...d-six-runs-not-five-simon-taufel-2231407.html

Even then it was only a tie.

So as I said, you can claim 'win' all you want, but apart from ppl in England (who are doing the best by putting fingers in both ears, closing their eyes and going na-na-na-na-na to drown out the truth) the whole world knows England didn't win. It was a tie at best, and had the rules been applied properly, England actually lost.

And I wanted England to win. And I know other stuff comes into, patriotism, the desire to defend the team you support and all that. So I get why so many Eng fans are desperately trying to defend it.

But if you look at it from a dispassionate and unbaised standpoint, Eng didn't win the world cup. That is all there is to it.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You are resorting to typical nonsensical internet forum tropes. First of there is no jealously. I am happy that England won. When I read books by British authors of the past, I find cricket features prominently in those books. Post 1966 not so much. I wanted England to win the World cup so the game could revive there. I wanted England to win.

If you want to point some India angle to it, India was far more success and important trophies in white ball cricket than England could have in a million years. You are welcome to your one. And lets not even start counting Australia's successes.

And thats the point, you didn't beat NZ. I mean okay you didn't do anything besides sitting on a couch somewhere. But England didn't beat NZ twice. The final was a tie and what is more the Stokes overthrow gave you 1 run extra https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/...d-six-runs-not-five-simon-taufel-2231407.html

Even then it was only a tie.

So as I said, you can claim 'win' all you want, but apart from ppl in England (who are doing the best by putting fingers in both ears, closing their eyes and going na-na-na-na-na to drown out the truth) the whole world knows England didn't win. It was a tie at best, and had the rules been applied properly, England actually lost.

And I wanted England to win. And I know other stuff comes into, patriotism, the desire to defend the team you support and all that. So I get why so many Eng fans are desperately trying to defend it.

But if you look at it from a dispassionate and unbaised standpoint, Eng didn't win the world cup. That is all there is to it.
This is divorced from reality.