• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ireland in England 2019

Groundking

International Debutant
Ireland really didn't deserve to be that badly brutalised today.

Hopefully we can squeeze a test next summer at their place they've been good value the past 2 and a bit days.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right then, time for my lunch break. Shall grab a sandwich and tune in to Irelands chase.

Groundking

International Debutant
Do you think a rout like this does a minnow any good? I know they gave a decent account of themselves, but it's hard to take away any positives when you get humiliated like this in the last dig.
They've got to just take all the positives from the other 3 innings and just accept that we were a bit unplayable today. They've shown enough good stuff this test to build from.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Two, Anderson and Archer and fitness means you probably don't play both at Edgbaston anyway so Archer waits.
Yeah sorry was taking Anderson over Stone as a given. It's two of Broad, Woakes, Archer to complete the seam attack basically. I'd probably go Archer and Broad but not like it will be a disaster if they go another way.

trundler

Rory Burns Vs James Pattinson can only go one way. He could turn up in crutches and roll them over.

trundler

Yeah sorry was taking Anderson over Stone as a given. It's two of Broad, Woakes, Archer to complete the seam attack basically. I'd probably go Archer and Broad but not like it will be a disaster if they go another way.
Stokes? I think Curran should play because of his batting.

Groundking

International Debutant
Well with Archers injury, Woakes 6 for here today, and the fact that the first test is Woakes' home ground and the second is Lords we have to go with Woakes imo.

Bring Archer in for the other tests to give the other bowlers rest and cover for injuries with how rapid fire the tests are this Ashes.