• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ireland in England 2019

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Curran has made more than Root, Bairstow, Ali and Woakes combined. Plus one of the openers.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
How's Boyd Rankin's bowling these days? Would've thought Curren and Broad would rather face this from Thompson than anything he has to offer.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not quite the score I was expecting when I clicked on the BBC to check. Man alive!

Pitch doing a bit, rank bad batting or both?
It's doing a little bit, the batting's been horrible, and the bowlers have done really well.

I can't say I'm looking forward to Broad bowling too short on this track.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How's Boyd Rankin's bowling these days? Would've thought Curren and Broad would rather face this from Thompson than anything he has to offer.
Well he's definitely still better than Thompson but the ball is still doing a bit and Thompson gets more movement. Could also just be that Rankin wants the other end and there's going to be a change there soon too.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is very similar to the first innings of the first Test in the WI earlier this year. England have some real issues with their Test batting ATM.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Please get this jammy **** out

Also lol, England still $1.30 favourites. Bookies putting this down to the pitch

Flem274*

123/5
england constantly playing in front of themselves might be a symptom of so much white ball cricket where these guys want to smash it combined with bringing this mindset to facing some medium pacers getting swing.

they might have actually scored a few more if this was 135+

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've only seen the dismissals and am very very biased but it looked more like good bowling than either bad batting or a nightmare pitch.