• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

fastest domestic bowlers

anzac

International Debutant
Mingster said:
He couldn't get a start for CD because he was injured after his debut game.
sounds like the rest of our bowling...............

any idea what pace he is..............

Mingster

State Regular
You mean Sherlock? Faster than Butler and near Bond according to some reports.

He'll be playing for Canty this year which is good.

DJellett

International Debutant
I am quite happy to cop the serve I will most likely get or this: Victoria's Mick Lewis.
Only 5 years ago he was playing on synthetic pitches, and he's now Australia's 3rd fastest bowler behing Lee and Shaun Tait.

Jogi

Cricket Spectator
Not True

Muddasser...u r obviously fabricating ur claims of these young Pakistani 'Titans'.

I am the first to admit that Pakistan has a great history of producing genuine quicks...but if what u claim is true, then why has this news of 3 bowlers all able to clock over 145 kph not hit the big time. I am, u c, an avid cricket follower and am certain u r exaggerating.

This article here from the DAWN should prove it. It is one of Pakistan's most popular news sources: http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/oct2005-daily/13-10-2005/sports/s4.htm.

Don't try and lie to make ur up and coming bowlers appear faster than they are. None of the clocked 90 mph or even close to it. The fastest was 85 mph I think. Most were low 80s.

It really is quite pathetic to lie Muddasser. Tsk, Tsk....

BTW...VRV Singh is a bit wayward, but he is a big 6'4 Punjabi and can hit 145 kph (and that is no lie)

Jogi

Cricket Spectator
Muddasser...u r obviously fabricating ur claims of these young Pakistani 'Titans'.

I am the first to admit that Pakistan has a great history of producing genuine quicks...but if what u claim is true, then why has this news of 3 bowlers all able to clock over 145 kph not hit the big time. I am, u c, an avid cricket follower and am certain u r exaggerating.

This article here from the DAWN should prove it. It is one of Pakistan's most popular news sources: http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/oct20.../sports/s4.htm.

Don't try and lie to make ur up and coming bowlers appear faster than they are. None of the clocked 90 mph or even close to it. The fastest was 85 mph I think. Most were low 80s.

It really is quite pathetic to lie Muddasser. Tsk, Tsk....

BTW...VRV Singh is a bit wayward, but he is a big 6'4 Punjabi and can hit 145 kph (and that is no lie)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
DJellett said:
I am quite happy to cop the serve I will most likely get or this: Victoria's Mick Lewis.
Only 5 years ago he was playing on synthetic pitches, and he's now Australia's 3rd
fastest bowler behing Lee and Shaun Tait.
fastest to the fence?

go Mick

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Things have changed in the last two years anyway, so it's not such a bad thread to dig.

The quicks to watch in Australia (at least for speed) who haven't played internationals yet would be Aaron Bird and Shane Harwood. Harwood is older but has apparently picked up in pace recently, and a few guys (like Warne) were saying he was one of the quickest in the country this season. Bird is the guy who flattened Slater when he was 17 or something. He's apparently dropped pace due to correcting his action, but in the ING Cup recently he looked very quick on TV.

Moises Henriques is also meant to be decently quick for a 19 year old, and Mitchell Johnson is of pretty good pace, probably around that of a young Gillespie, though he has played 5 ODIs now.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
This thread got me thinking about other fast bowlers from yesteryear who were hyped as lightning quick.

To the Aussies what ever happened to Wayne Holdsworth? Was he really as quick as he was made out to be?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Holdsworth went off the map pretty soon after the '93 Ashes.

Harwood's always been really quick - he only came down to Melbourne at about 26 to play cricket, spent a long time playing in the country and driving forklifts. It's only been this year that he's been able to get out on the paddock consistently, and as such getting the recognition that his talent deserves.

adharcric

International Coach
For India, Abid Nabi is the quickest and the others who have seen some international action already are Munaf Patel and Vikram Singh. Srinath and the MRF Foundation are in J&K right now scouting for fast-bowling talent ... that is a VERY smart move. Young village cricketers and especially some Kashmiri muslim boys (from what I've heard from cricketing cousins who played there in their childhood years and organized cricket later) are often express.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
No-one in Victoria really enjoys facing Peter Siddle...

Rob Cassell was, and still could be, an absolute star if he can get is body together.