• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

fastest domestic bowlers

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Ive seen quite a few Lancs games this season and last season and i don't want to dampen anyone's hopes, Mahmood is and will be a very good bowler but he's nowhere near ready enough for international selection. He's fast for sure though i'm not sure whether hes that fast.

I reckon he needs another 12 months before he should be considered, he doesn't get that much bowling for Lancashire what with Cork, Martin, Chapple and now Anderson and Hogg to challenge him. Though another winter at the academy might see him ready for next summer if it wasn't the Aussies!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
and Crook's not very quick, he's considered more of an all rounder also.

Interestingly he has some Australian in him, and his brother Andrew played one first class for South Australia as an off spinner a few years back

Craig

World Traveller
superkingdave said:
Ive seen quite a few Lancs games this season and last season and i don't want to dampen anyone's hopes, Mahmood is and will be a very good bowler but he's nowhere near ready enough for international selection. He's fast for sure though i'm not sure whether hes that fast.

I reckon he needs another 12 months before he should be considered, he doesn't get that much bowling for Lancashire what with Cork, Martin, Chapple and now Anderson and Hogg to challenge him. Though another winter at the academy might see him ready for next summer if it wasn't the Aussies!
So should he consider his options at another county providing there are offers?

Craig

World Traveller
superkingdave said:
and Crook's not very quick, he's considered more of an all rounder also.

Interestingly he has some Australian in him, and his brother Andrew played one first class for South Australia as an off spinner a few years back
v England 1998/99?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
So should he consider his options at another county providing there are offers?
Not yet, i'd see how this season went, if Anderson gets back in the England side (even if he doesn' get back in the test side, he'll miss a lot through the one dayers) and with Martin getting on and Cork dodgy, he'll get exposed to more and more cricket as the season goes on. He's only ever bowled poorly once when i have seen him (Kent at home, featherbed) but he's not had the same impact that say Anderson had. Given the type of bowler he is i would say 2006 might be his year (maybe first tour in 2005/6)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Not as sharp as Crook, that's for sure! :cool:
Totally got the wrong end of the stick.

There was I thinking that we were discussing Rich2001, deciding that he wasn't sharp, then deciding he was a cro....

(walks away whistling, realises he HAD got it right after all)

iamdavid

International Debutant
Id put Tait as one of the 6 fastest bowlers in the world at the moment , its just a matter of waiting for the chance to arise as there are still at least 5 bowlers ahead of him in the race for test honours.

There are a couple of 17 year old Australian's who have clocked just shy of 140 , Henriques (who was in the U19 WC squad) & Adam Ritchard.
Thats as quick as any 17 year old's ever been so it will be interesting to see how they develop over the next few years.

Craig

World Traveller
iamdavid said:
Id put Tait as one of the 6 fastest bowlers in the world at the moment , its just a matter of waiting for the chance to arise as there are still at least 5 bowlers ahead of him in the race for test honours.

There are a couple of 17 year old Australian's who have clocked just shy of 140 , Henriques (who was in the U19 WC squad) & Adam Ritchard.
Thats as quick as any 17 year old's ever been so it will be interesting to see how they develop over the next few years.
Out of interest what is Tait's max speed?

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
ali imran pasha was the quickest bowler in the u-19 world cup.

he was definitely bowling in the around the 90mph mark.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Ive only ever seen Tait clocked in one game & he was hitting the high 140's pretty regularly.
But he's developed further since then so Id estimate he's every bit as quick as Brett Lee , probably dosent get it into the high 150's like Lee can but Id say on average speed he'd be right up there with Brett.

Rich2001

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
Totally got the wrong end of the stick.

There was I thinking that we were discussing Rich2001, deciding that he wasn't sharp, then deciding he was a cro....

(walks away whistling, realises he HAD got it right after all)
LOL Thanks Eddie! :dry:

I Guess I might as well go with the Kent lads (again)

David Stiff is said to be very very quick on his day, couldn't confirm his top speeds though as I don't think he has played infront of a TV cameras yet.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Rich2001 said:
LOL Thanks Eddie! :dry:

I Guess I might as well go with the Kent lads (again)

David Stiff is said to be very very quick on his day, couldn't confirm his top speeds though as I don't think he has played infront of a TV cameras yet.
Stiff was only clocked mid - 80's in the recent u19 world cup. Its his height more than anything that causes batsmen problems.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Muddaser said:
spacemonkey what about ali imran pasha of pakistan?

he looked the quickest of all the bowlers.
I cant say i noticed sorry. But i did see Pakistan had a leg spinner that looked VERY promising. Turned the ball alot much like Shane Warne, cant remember his name though. They also had a Murili clone...identicle in action, i wonder if he was one of the 6 bowlers picked up for throwing :p

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
leggie is mansoor amjad and tariq is the murali clone.

he has been reported for throwing but riaz afridi hasnt.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there ANYONE in the Indian domestic scene who can bowl fast? If so, he needs to be monitored closely and kept in action for a long time, because all of India's best 'fast' bowlers lack pace. Perhaps this is why Indian pace bowling has never been a force to reckon with.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there ANYONE in the Indian domestic scene who can bowl fast? If so, he needs to be monitored closely and kept in action for a long time, because all of India's best 'fast' bowlers lack pace. Perhaps this is why Indian pace bowling has never been a force to reckon with.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year