Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Pakistan ex Cricketers say the World Cup was 'designed' and 'tailored' by ICC

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Pakistan ex Cricketers say the World Cup was 'designed' and 'tailored' by ICC

Rashid Latif and Shoaib Akhtar were involved in a panel discussion where they have raised some doubts over the validity of the England vs NZ result and have implied it was all a little fishy and efforts were made to deliberately knock out Pakistan.

Rashid said that Eng should have scored 375 after that start but barely got to 300. Had they scored those extra runs Pakistan would have had a realistic shot at qualification against Bangladesh.

They also say that NZ was helped by Eng as with NZ reeling at 4 down in the 17th over, Eng switched to Joe Root for a short spell to make it easy for NZ to get closer to an NRR saving position.

The anchor then explicitly said that world cup table was tailored and designed this way when showing the points table.

Rashid Latif then raised questions about the revised ICC big three payouts in 2017, wherein BCCI will get $250 million less than what was agreed in 2015 when the big three was set up, while all other teams will get roughly $50 million extra as per the revised payouts.

Latif asked why would the BCCI willingly take a $250 million hit. What did it get in return from the other boards? No one would want to lose $250 million for no reason. BTW ECB is1 the other board which got a hit in the revised payout plan of $40 million.

There are all Rashid's number's btw, I haven't checked or verified them.

I would post the video but I don't know if such 'pirated' videos can be posted here and at any rate, most of it is in Hindi/Urdu/non-English. However, if anyone is interested they could find video easily with an England vs NZ fix Saamanya Gyan (name of channel) search on youtube.

I found this kind of conspiracy theory laughable to say the least. However since these implied fixing allegation have been made, I thought it was worth sharing.

Thoughts?
    mr_mister likes this.

Sour grapes.
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Lmao

Fixing aside, the whole BCCI money thing is hilarious. If the BCCI takes more money, they're greedy. If they take less money, they're buying out the other boards.

So many Pakistanis are so salty that 1992 didn't repeat itself. Now is probably the ideal time for a Pak Passion invasion
    wrongun and Member Berry like this.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    'Action was deliberately taken to knock Pakistan out.'

Of course it was. England and NZ both wanted to make the semis. England deliberately won and then NZ deliberately tried to not get bowled out.

May as well point out that West Indies deliberately tried to knock Pakistan out when they skittled them in their first innings. Cause, y'know, they did

What are the other sides supposed to do? Accidentally knock other teams out?
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Rashid Latif and Shoaib Akhtar
    Lol wouldn't trust a single word that comes out of the mouths of these cozeners.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Things like this is what makes Pakistan getting knocked out so desirable. It would have been even more glorious to see the meltdown if Afghanistan had finished the job last Saturday, but this is a decent consolation.
    zorax and OverratedSanity like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Akhtar is basically our Vaughn. Shut up ****.

It's somewhat of a cultural thing to pretend that the whole world is plotting against us.
    wrongun likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Youíre all so quick to pan them, but if anyone knows a fix when they see it, itís 1990s Pakistani cricketer

Pakistan loves its conspiracy theories. Don't intend to bring politics into it but I read somewhere that Imran Khan tried to convince Viv Richards that 9/11 was carried out by America against itself. That's one of the smarter blokes coming from Pakistan.
    Last edited by ankitj; 08-07-2019 at 02:22 PM.
    zorax likes this.
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

That's a commonly held belief here. Tbf it's not a uniquely Pakistani thing.
    artvandalay and Shri like this.

International Vice-Captain
    Amazing that they think in the form we're in, that we are able to be compliant in any form of match fixing other than to lose badly.

It's also amazing that teams have a cry about the thing they'd absolutely do themselves. Pakistan wouldn't go slow and bat 50 overs to ensure their NRR was sufficient to make the semis? They wouldn't put in a half-arsed effort if a theoretical win would put them in the semis v India as opposed to v NZ? I mean, sorry, but this is a country with a rich history of match fixing, ball tampering etc and they're throwing their arms up about situations they would happily involve themselves in as well?

Please.

For the record, I don't believe for a second we went slow to protect our run rate. Nor did England pull up to score 300. Why the bloody hell would they pull up for 300, when losing had the potential to see them exit the tournament? England bowled Root because the pitch went slow, which is also why England scored 300. And why our out of form and out of depth to a point batsmen couldn't chase the total.

Long time since we read all that stuff about how the 1992 Cup and this one were being mirrored in terms of Pakistan's results. So sad.

OK, I just reacted to trolls. It's just so tempting.
    zorax likes this.

International Coach Starfighter's Avatar
    This whole thing is so bad that if I'd written and put my name on it I'd have died from embarrassment.

I love how it's predicated on England not only scoring a greater total that most others in the tournament, but NZ still getting bowled out for the same total. Just because you can back-calculate it doesn't make it plausible.

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Surprisingly, if they'd been a better team and won more games in the tournament, they would have made it to the semis on their own volition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Test_Fan_Only View Post
    Red Hill is a piece of ****

State 12th Man
    it should be the other way round. I keep thinking but not saying out loud in all icc tournaments they want and try to make India and pakistan meet as much as possible because it makes sense that it would be in their best interests. The 17 CT if anything seemed a lot 'fishier' than this considering that Pakistan have performed like minnows in ODI cricket since and almost got knocked out early there.

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    What does it matter? It's not "fishy". Team that win the most games get into semis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information