• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2019 World Cup draft

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Imad Wasim at 6 is a stretch.

I considered him for my last pick but with Nabi and Mujeeb I didn't need another spin option.
Not sure how you like to utilise your 300 balls, but im very happy having everyone in my top 6 averaging north of 40 and a career strike rate above 85. What number is Nabi batting for you?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure how you like to utilise your 300 balls, but im very happy having everyone in my top 6 averaging north of 40 and a career strike rate above 85. What number is Nabi batting for you?
More than likely 7 and we're not quite comparing apples to apples here as Nabi most certainly contributes more with the ball.

Imad Wasim is certainly not a bad player but I feel the same way about him batting 6 as I would somebody like Phelukwayo or Faulkner. I don't feel like you're being particularly sincere as you know there's far more to judging players than raw averages.

stephen

Yeah your side is shaping up nicely Nufan. Constantly sniping the players I have my eyes on.

Imad was one that would really have closed the circle for me too.

stephen

More than likely 7 and we're not quite comparing apples to apples here as Nabi most certainly contributes more with the ball.

Imad Wasim is certainly not a bad player but I feel the same way about him batting 6 as I would somebody like Phelukwayo or Faulkner. I don't feel like you're being particularly sincere as you know there's far more to judging players than raw averages.
Imad has batted 6 a few times and with a really small sample size averages more there than at 7 but he's a genuine number 7 in my books. Averages around 25 rpi, which is pretty decent for someone batting at 7.

Jarquis

Imad has batted 6 a few times and with a really small sample size averages more there than at 7 but he's a genuine number 7 in my books. Averages around 25 rpi, which is pretty decent for someone batting at 7.
Ultimately the numbers blokes bat at are becoming increasingly irrelevant and I certainly don't believe the number listed next to your name has any tangible impact on performance i.e. he averages more at 6 and should therefore bat there.

Thinking about the stages of the innings I would want Imad Wasim to be batting in then it'd generally be somewhere in the last 12 overs. All of his innings at 6 have come when he was promoted above the keeper when a wicket fell in the last 10. He's not somebody I'd necessarily want to task with the job of batting for 50 balls and building a partnership between overs 25-40.

stephen

Ultimately the numbers blokes bat at are becoming increasingly irrelevant and I certainly don't believe the number listed next to your name has any tangible impact on performance i.e. he averages more at 6 and should therefore bat there.

Thinking about the stages of the innings I would want Imad Wasim to be batting in then it'd generally be somewhere in the last 12 overs. All of his innings at 6 have come when he was promoted above the keeper when a wicket fell in the last 10. He's not somebody I'd necessarily want to task with the job of batting for 50 balls and building a partnership between overs 25-40.
I absolutely agree. Ideally numbers 6 and 7 are both able to do that.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

Maybe im overrating Finch Bairstow and especially Kohli and Babar. I dont want Imad coming in to bat in the 25th, I was thinking after 35 overs. I want Babar and Jadhav building partnerships in that 20-35 or 25-40 over range.

stephen

Mr Prez has timed out.

I'll take MJ Santner. He's not a great spinner but he's much better than the other spin bowling options left and he's pretty good with the bat.

Gayle
Tamim
Du Plessis
Stokes

Buttler

Santner
Plunkett
Henry
Ngidi

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Martin Guptill
Usman Khwaja
Shakib Al Hasan 5
Shaun Marsh
JP Duminy 6
-
Alex Carey +
-
Pat Cummins 2
Jason Behrendorff 3
Mohammed Shami 1

stephen

Stocks in Stokes, Buttler, Plunkett and Henry pty ltd went through the roof after the finals.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
MrPrez - Kagiso Rabada
NUFAN - Virat Kohli
jimmy101 - Steve Smith
srbhkshk - Jasprit Bumrah
Teuton - Mitch Starc
Red Hill - Shakib Al Hasan
Michaelf7777777 - MS Dhoni
mr_mister - Kane Williamson
stephen - Ben Stokes

stephen - Jos Buttler
mr_mister - Lasith Malinga
Michaelf7777777 - Trent Boult
Red Hill - Pat Cummins
Teuton - Joe Root
srbhkshk - Rohit Sharma
jimmy101 - Dale Steyn
NUFAN - Imran Tahir
MrPrez - Hashim Amla
Marcuss - Ross Taylor
Marcuss - Quinton de Kock

Marcuss - Lockie Ferguson
jimmy101 - David Warner
Michaelf7777777 - Angelo Mathews
Teuton - Jason Roy
srbhkshk - Shikhar Dhawan
stephen - Chris Gayle
MrPrez - Kuldeep Yadav
NUFAN - Jonny Bairstow
mr_mister - Yuzvendra Chahal
Red Hill - Mohammed Shami

Red Hill - Martin Guptill
mr_mister - Shai Hope
NUFAN - Babar Azam
MrPrez - Fakhar Zaman
stephen - Faf du Plessis
srbhkshk - Mustafizur Rahman
Teuton - Eoin Morgan
Michaelf7777777 - Andre Russell
jimmy101 - Mohammad Amir
Marcuss - Chris Woakes

srbhkshk - Mushfiqur Rahim
NUFAN - Aaron Finch
jimmy101 - Glenn Maxwell
stephen - Lungi Ngidi
Red Hill - Alex Carey
Teuton - Jofra Archer
MrPrez - Andile Phelukwayo
Michaelf7777777 - Rashid Khan
mr_mister - Jason Holder
Marcuss - Imam ul-Haq

Marcuss - Mohammad Nabi
mr_mister - Shimron Hetmyer
Michaelf7777777 - Mohammad Hafeez
MrPrez - Rassie van der Dussen
Teuton - Hardik Pandya
Red Hill - Usman Khawaja
stephen - Matt Henry
jimmy101 - Sarafraz Ahmed
NUFAN - Kemar Roach
srbhbshk - Ravi Jadeja

MrPrez - David Miller
stephen - Liam Plunkett
NUFAN - Bhuvneshwar Kumar
Michaelf7777777 - Shaheen Afridi
Teuton - Kusal Perera
Red Hill - JP Duminy
mr_mister - Wahab Riaz
Marcuss - Mujeeb Ur Rahman
srbhkshk - Moeen Ali
jimmy101 - Mark Wood

jimmy101 - KL Rahul
srbhkshk - Haris Sohail
Marcuss - Jimmy Neesham
mr_mister - Shoaib Malik
Red Hill - Shaun Marsh
Teuton - Adil Rashid
Michaelf7777777 - Tom Latham
NUFAN - Kedar Jadhav
stephen - Tamim Iqbal
MrPrez

NUFAN - Imad Wasim
Red Hill - Jason Behrendorff
MrPrez
stephen - Mitch Santner
Marcuss
srbhkshk
jimmy101
mr_mister
Michaelf7777777
Teuton

srbhkshk

International Captain
Chris Morris.

Rohit Sharma
Shikhar Dhawan
-
Haris Sohail
Mushfiqur Rahim (+)
Moeen Ali
Ravindra Jadeja
Chris Morris
-
Jasprit Bumrah
Mustafizur Rahman

MrPrez

International Debutant
Sorry guys, been poor this draft in terms of getting picks in.

Mashrafe Mortaza and Thisara Perera are my next two picks.

1. Hashim Amla
2. Fakhar Zaman
4. Rassie van der Dussen
6. David Miller
7. Andile Phelukwayo
8. Thisara Perera
9. Kuldeep Yadav
10. Kagiso Rabada
11. Mashrafe Mortaza