• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ed Giddins banned for 5 years and fined £6000

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
I hope your joking when you say that it was acceptable because the odds were different...
Nope. The fact that there was a huge incentive to throw the match in exchange for fifty grand made the whole thing perfectly acceptable in my mind.

:p

Umpire/Scorer

Cricket Spectator
Ed Giddins

This ban will affect Ed Giddins. Last Saturday he played for Bromley in the Kent Premier League (a League under the auspices of the ECB) and took 6 - 32.

I understand that he will no longer be allowed to play in the Kent Premier League - although he could, I suspect, drop down to a side not currently in the Premier League and continue to play

Langeveldt

Soutie
Umpire/Scorer said:
This ban will affect Ed Giddins. Last Saturday he played for Bromley in the Kent Premier League (a League under the auspices of the ECB) and took 6 - 32.

I understand that he will no longer be allowed to play in the Kent Premier League - although he could, I suspect, drop down to a side not currently in the Premier League and continue to play
And doubtless bat at three.....

PY

International Coach
Umpire/Scorer said:

But doesn't that still fall under the jurisdiction of the ECB? I'm not entirely sure how the lower domestic leagues are run to be honest so any info will be gratefully digested.

:)

Craig

World Traveller
I dont care if they play at club level, because they can't really make any significant difference.

And besides, how many of his team-mates would want to play with him?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
I dont care if they play at club level, because they can't really make any significant difference.

And besides, how many of his team-mates would want to play with him?
Depends whether he won the bet or not

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
It was a joke bet, can't people understand that?!
Yes, but if someone did it today, they'd be executed. Even more than Giddins, it's a Test.

The reason hey didn't was because at that time there wasn't the same controversy going on the whole time like there is now.