• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is your relationship with cricket right now?

Kirkut

International Regular
I'm sorry. I tried to create a poll but the poll options exceeded characters limit.

These were the poll options:

1. A devoted fan right now but may lose interest in future.

2. Loved the game before and still love it now, it's unconditional.

3. Was a big cricket fan before but the interest has completely faded away now. Hang out at CW for a casual chat.

anil1405

International Captain
Married it when I was madly in love with it but now it has got bored of my love and has gone out to seek more entertainment and money. But here I am still deeply in love with it while it comes back to me rarely to show its affection towards me.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Love it. Am obsessed with its history. To me, tests cricket IS cricket. The attrition, the tactics, the time available for the match to change course. Cricket is, in its truest sense, a long form game, and it's at its best when there isn't necessarily an obsession with entertainment or fast scoring.

That said, I enjoy limited overs cricket, but to be it's pretty insignificant compared to real cricket.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It’s like a long distance relationship for me, i spend a lot more time talking (or reading) about it than actually seeing it, and boy do I miss it

Athlai

Not Terrible
Definitely occupies a lot less of my time these days. Mostly just pay attention to NZ Tests these days though the World Cup has reinvigorated my love a bit. Timezones aren't making it terribly easy to follow but it's not too bad.

I probably love CW more than I love cricket honestly. Which kind of bothers me in a way I don't want to think about

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unhealthy obsession when it comes to playing. I find myself watching less and less over the years though.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
My interest in the international game waned somewhat with the two best batsman in the country taking an enforced holiday, genuinely followed domestic cricket far more closely.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
I am waiting for my lover to return and until she does all I do is remember the greats times we have spent together and fantasise about her return. Bring on the Ashes my darling.

morgieb

Still a pretty committed fan, though time of year is important here. Hard to really care about gobloads and gobloads on JAMODI's and also the BBL last year was far too hard to follow. I've been watching a lot of the World Cup but timezones have been a bitch and it being ODI's has made it really easy to switch off after the first innings.....which is annoying as the crazier stuff has tended to happen while I've been in bed.

Kirkut

International Regular
I was literally a cricket addict till 2011 world cup. I memorized the number of sixes and fours hit in all 100s scored by Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid in both tests and ODIs. After winning the world cup, my interest in the game went down exponentially, it's like all what was meant to achieve was achieved. I do follow tests now but not as obsessively as before.

OverratedSanity

I love test cricket more than ever and watch more of it than I did before. I feel the same way a lot of Indians do about ODI cricket... After the emotional high of 2011 the passion for it definitely faded significantly. While I still enjoy watching and following it, India losing basically never affects me as much as it used to in odis/wcs. I can confidently speak for a lot of Indian fans when I say that losing in the 2015 sf was when we realized we didn't really care as much as we thought we would. India ****ing up in overseas tests upsets me much more than anything in the other formats.

That said, I don't think I'll ever stop following the sport.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I actually had probably ten years (04-14) where I cared very little about cricket. I loved it as a kid, then started focusing on other things as a teenager/young adult. All the while I kept playing for my club on weekends but only kept half an eye on the international game. Essentially missed all of Michael Clarke's career for example

Phil Hughes passing away actually renewed my interest in the sport, sadly enough. I watched a lot of the summer series right after it for the first time in ages, and yeah now I'm reobsessed

Last edited:

vcs

I love test cricket more than ever and watch more of it than I did before. I feel the same way a lot of Indians do about ODI cricket... After the emotional high of 2011 the passion for it definitely faded significantly. While I still enjoy watching and following it, India losing basically never affects me as much as it used to in odis/wcs. I can confidently speak for a lot of Indian fans when I say that losing in the 2015 sf was when we realized we didn't really care as much as we thought we would. India ****ing up in overseas tests upsets me much more than anything in the other formats.

My love for Test cricket overtook other formats after 2001 basically. 2001 India-Aus and 2005 Ashes are memories that will probably never leave me. England-India last year was also excellent. ODI World Cups are nice, but basically, nothing comes close to a great Test series - most of them are crap/one-sided, but the great ones are something else.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I've been trying to reignite my love for the sport, & thought the current World Cup would have helped with that, but I'm finding I can't watch more than a few overs before getting bored with it. I used to play cricket every Saturday, but last season my motivation dropped off dramatically. I'm kind of dreading summer this year 'cause I'm going to have to tell the lads that I'm just not interested in playing anymore.

Not sure exactly why this has happened, I guess my life habits have changed quite a bit. Seems like every time I try to watch a game of cricket it's just becoming more & more alien to me.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricket is as important to me as it always has been, but I am getting increasingly disconnected from the modern game. I hate the idea of the hundred and whilst I did start to enjoy T20 my interest in that and the shorter formats generally is definitely on the wane, which is odd really because when I was a kid limited overs cricket was in its infancy, and I absolutely loved it

Daemon

Yeah losing/winning important overseas tests is probably the only thing that gets me emotional in cricket these days