• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is your relationship with cricket right now?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I started my day by watching the opening game of the '92 WC. Then I waited for the Bangladesh Vs Afghanistan game to start. In the evening I went out and played cricket — past darkness in the Pakistani summer. You tell me.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I started my day by watching the opening game of the '92 WC. Then I waited for the Bangladesh Vs Afghanistan game to start. In the evening I went out and played cricket — past darkness in the Pakistani summer. You tell me.
Do you have rooh afza in your drinks break?

Kirkut

International Regular
I probably feel that the simultaneous rise of T20s and social media played a huge role in sharp decline of my interest in the game.

Even today for me an India vs Zimbabwe ODI game from the 90s is far more watchable than say Kohli vs Starc in a test match.

P.S: I love watching Ranji Trophy if I get a chance to. The simplicity and tranquility makes it watchable for me.

Last edited:

Kirkut

International Regular
You know what I love about the video? It's so quiet and uncluttered. All you see is cricket.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All JAMODIs and JAMT20Is to be played alongside a test tour be converted to Triangular Tournaments. Third team to be an associate nation.

Would perk up the scene.

cnerd123

likes this
anyone ever have that internal debate where you try to figure out whether you love this game so much because it's really the best thing ever, or because it's the only thing you know how to love and so can't possibly contemplate ever letting it go?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I struggle with context a bit. I often downplay performances and rankings due to the JAMODIs, T20 leagues and favourable batting conditions so I tend to put an asterix beside a lot of the International cricket thats on.

Big events like a world cup or an ashes in england are massive though and i get really excited about these.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
End of youth and parenthood takes me away from the game a bit, not to say about T20s. However,childhood memories,sheer love for the game and a passion for statistics brings me back. There is just no game like cricket.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I sort off miss the days when we had an average side which was expected to be lackluster with one or two mercurial players who could really turn it on and change the game single-handedly. Cricket is less stressful but considerably more boring for me.

I started watching test cricket when I was 9, at my grandma's place and the India tour to Australia 03-04 was on and watched every ball, I remember being enthralled but it was a fundamentally lonely experience because nobody I knew IRL really gave a **** about the tests outside of the results or some random exciting passage of play. Then, I remember being in my mid-teens, had just joined CW and had the time to follow all international cricket ball-by-ball and ****post in tour threads. The love was just obsessive and all-pervasive and that seemed like the standard in CC. Those were some great ****ing times and was probably the peak of my cricket fandom days.

Now, I tend to get excited about WCs and Indian test series against nations which have the potential of being close either way but don't really get wound up about losing. Reading/discussing about said cricket on CW is a huge part of that experience for me. It;'s like christmas season with cricket being the food and y'all being the people, both of which are important for the atmosphere. I'll probably watch considerably less cricket if/when the forum dies because it'd take me back to when I was 9 and alone at my grandmothers, cheering on Sachin while he was making that boring ass 241 with only forward defensive strokes in Sydney, with my uncle popping in thrice a day to ask the score.

Flem274*

123/5
ever since leaving uni all those years ago its been harder to maintain but i still keep coming back. i cant really justify staying up all night to watch a test anymore.

i think i loved the game more in the 2007-2014 period. it was probably unhealthy. cw has definitely kept me in the game. i follow the overseas teams far less than i used to, have no idea what happens in odis outside of nz games or world cups and don't really care to.

honestly i can see myself drifting away. rugby in particular is fast capturing my heart again more and if/when nz get crap again or nzc shelve test cricket i'll stop. if nzc stop caring about test cricket then i don't see any reason to care about cricket. t20 is fun but it's not engaging like other sports, so while i'd tune in for some popcorn i just won't care anymore.

much like the relationship you know is a poor choice but it's just too good right now to say no, i know that eventually nzc and later cricket in general will stop giving af about test cricket in favour of evolution aka all the money.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I fall in and out of love with the sport but have thrown myself into this summer as a form of distraction from actual problems.

Currently in an obsessive state of playing, watching, reading and listening to anything cricket related that I can find.

Bijed

International Regular
Enjoying it more than ever. Have especially enjoyed some of the neutral matches/series recently and often get as invested in them as I would if England were playing., just love the contest