• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South African Club Cricket

Woodster

International Captain
Does anyone know the kind of standard of cricket that is played in the Bloemfontein Premier League or the Welkom Premier League ? My understanding is the Bloemfontein league is the slightly stronger league where it’s not uncommon to play against Knights players, but both are a decent level.

If anyone can shed any light at all it’d be very much appreciated!

MrPrez

International Debutant
Haven't got any experience but I imagine Welkom would be pretty poor considering how small the town is. Bloem is probably pretty decent since it's one of the bigger towns outside the four major centres.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah. Only probably one person on this board who has a shot at answering this with any certainty.... unless we have a closet Welkom-Bloemfontein enthusiast.

Woodster

International Captain
Thanks for the effort, thought it may be ambitious, there’s very little coverage out there on the internet!

MrPrez

International Debutant
Thanks for the effort, thought it may be ambitious, there’s very little coverage out there on the internet!
I've done a quick google search and am quite suprised that Welkom has over 200k inhabitants - making it not much smaller than Bloem. Bizarre.

Still a bit of a dump, I believe.