• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe Tour to the Netherlands

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Who the hell schedules an ODI tour at the same time as the cricket World Cup? Who?

Why Zimbabwe off course.

Three ODIs and Three t20s to sneak in while no one is looking

cnerd123

likes this
Not only did they schedule it alongside the WC, but the first game was shortened due to thunderstorms too lol.

Netherlands cruising to an easy win ATM.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
The Dutch have got ex saffer u19 Brandon Glover playing for them, that should give a few associate batsman nightmares. Bloke has wheels.

Jezroy

State Captain
No wonder players like Jarvis and Taylor feel like they're better off playing County Cricket.

Must be one of the least motivating schedules that they play.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see this result I guess. Now there's 14 decent international teams, the 12 test playing ones plus the Dutch and Scotland

cnerd123

likes this
Good to see this result I guess. Now there's 14 decent international teams, the 12 test playing ones plus the Dutch and Scotland
Nepal, UAE, PNG, USA and Oman are all very handy teams too. And Namibia have just reclaimed ODI status as well.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Easy win in the first t20 as well.

Either this is the start of very good things for the Dutch.. or Zimbabwe are just very very dire.

Colin Ackermann to join the dutch for the World t20 qualifiers.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Nepal, UAE, PNG, USA and Oman are all very handy teams too. And Namibia have just reclaimed ODI status as well.
Namibia being any good depends on how long they can get Craig Williams to stay on for, quality player and a vital elder statesman to the team

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Either this is the start of very good things for the Dutch.. or Zimbabwe are just very very dire.
Zimbabwe are occasionally just very very dire but they've picked properly full strength lineups for this including some very experienced players with decent records against much more fancied opposition. I haven't been able to watch the games but I'm more inclined to say it's really positive for the Netherlands. RvdM just being h4x at this level of T20 cricket did play a very big part in that last game though.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Zimbabwe are occasionally just very very dire but they've picked properly full strength lineups for this including some very experienced players with decent records against much more fancied opposition. I haven't been able to watch the games but I'm more inclined to say it's really positive for the Netherlands. RvdM just being h4x at this level of T20 cricket did play a very big part in that last game though.
The problems at home for the board and the politics and these players futures must distract them... Zim have done above and beyond these last few years considering everything.