• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bunnybados

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ok, so I was reading one of the Bunbury Tales books, and one story has the Bunbury cricket team go to Bunnybados (presumably the rabbit version of the West Indies).

When the team arrives, all of the Bunnybados bunnies are black.

Is this a bit dodgy?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Ok, so I was reading one of the Bunbury Tales books, and one story has the Bunbury cricket team go to Bunnybados (presumably the rabbit version of the West Indies).

Is this a bit dodgy?
From 1986.... not surprising. Try reading Tom Sawyer before they removed the 'offensive' words.

PikeyB

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm outraged . If you look closely you can clearly see cat interlopers in Bunnybados society . That can't be safe .

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From 1986.... not surprising. Try reading Tom Sawyer before they removed the 'offensive' words.
Isn't that an accurate reflection of American society back then? Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn are classics, I didn't know there were versions with the racist words removed.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Isn't that an accurate reflection of American society back then? Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn are classics, I didn't know there were versions with the racist words removed.
Two versions, they replaced the 'n-word' and 'injun' for schooling reasons ... it is very ironic considering the message Twain was providing.

PikeyB

School Boy/Girl Captain
The intermingling of puddy cat and bunny rabbit is unnatural . You can't build a strong rabbit society with those ticking time bombs walking around . Round them all up and send them to their own island , Dominicat Repurrblic or Purracao or something ,

Sadly the Tour was marred by some pretty controversial umpiring decisions.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member

Is this a bit dodgy?
Definitely not appropriate in the current climate.