• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia A in England 2019

aussie tragic

International Captain
Marnus was player of the tournament in a domestic one day comp. Nobody is quite sure how that worked.

Also did fairly well as a pseudo-AR for Glamorgan in the Royal London this year iirc
Labuschagne currently has more wkts than Stuart Broad, James Pattinson and Peter Siddle, and is also leading run scorer in county cricket...slowly becoming a fan...however he is not on the A tour lol

Spark

Global Moderator
Labuschagne currently has more wkts than Stuart Broad, James Pattinson and Peter Siddle, and is also leading run scorer in county cricket...slowly becoming a fan...however he is not on the A tour lol
Didn't Pattinson get injured last month?

EDIT: Nope I see he's playing now. As you were

aussie tragic

International Captain
Didn't Pattinson get injured last month?

EDIT: Nope I see he's playing now. As you were
Yeah, Pattinson had a side strain so is only playing his 3rd county match which finishes today (so he can't be in first A game). He currently going for a 10fer with 6-73 and 2-67 in 2nd innings

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is Ben McDermott in the A squad at all? He had an incredible ODD series last season and only got one or two ODIs before betting dropped.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Ben McDermott in the A squad at all? He had an incredible ODD series last season and only got one or two ODIs before betting dropped.
Seems a touch odd, would have definitely taken him as opposed to someone who has barely played any 50 over cricket

aussie tragic

International Captain
Northants won the toss and batting.

Tye sitting out and Pattinson not available.

Pucovski batting 7...bizarre

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
Aus-A win by 6 wkts (as they should given Northants are near the bottom of all tables this year).

Wade 117 (67), Handscomb 64 (57) and Marsh 40* (45) & 2-41 (8 overs) were the standouts

Patterson 2* (4) and Pucovski (DNB) were not needed.

Hazlewood 2-51 (10), Neser 1-55 (9) Abbott 1-39 (10) and Agar 3-55 (10) means I can't wait until Pattinson plays in the 2nd game (should replace Neser).

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Wades innings sounds pretty great. So weird having KPatt and Pucovski down low. They are only going to be useful if we are 4 down for not many.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see Marsh pick up a couple of wickets and score 40 runs. That's the kind of thing the number 6 should be doing.

I think Australia missed a trick by not taking him over Behrendorff or Richardson. He offers more hitting power in the late overs than Stoinis, who requires more time to play himself in.

aussie tragic

International Captain
I'm in too minds, while I would like Hazlewood and Marsh in the WC, I'm glad they are getting prepped for the Ashes with these A games.

This is Hazlewood's first game back from injury 6 months ago and Marsh was in shocking form in 2018, so happy to see them ease back into the Ashes squad without the WC pressure or hype. They also get to bond with fellow ashes squad likely of Head, Handscomb, Patterson, Pucovski, Wade and Pattinson in the OD's and Paine and Harris in the FC games.

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
Aus A vs Derbyshire today will be the first time Pattinson has worn Australian colours in over 3 years.

I understand Hazlewood is being rested and Handscomb keeps the gloves so:

Wade, Short, Head, Handscomb, Marsh, Patterson, Pucovski, Agar, Neser, Pattinson, Abbot

That's one hell of a long tail so may see Tye play instead of Neser?

Last edited: