• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ Bowlers

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
tooextracool said:
interestingly it came on another one of those seamer friendly wickets in NZ....just like most of orams wickets have.
Although to be fair, I thought Oram bowled well at Lords.

anzac

International Debutant
Craig said:
I was surprised O'Conner would give the game away when he did, considering he IMO had a very strong chance of being picked on the tour of Sri Lanka...
forced early retirement due to injury (again)...........from memory he broke down on the 2001 tour to AUS (Bond's debut tour)..........he then had recurring troubles getting back to full fitness...just as it looked like he was not only returning but had also added some extra pace - I think his knees went out on him & he pulled the plug..........

same sort of scenario for Nash & Allott....

:down:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Loony BoB said:
Do other countries have the same amount of bowlers getting injured?
England...

Gough, Tudor, Caddick, Johnson.. There are more when I think of them, have had their careers badly effected (if not ruined by injury)..

Could have something to do with the cooler climate?

chicane

State Captain
Loony BoB said:
Do other countries have the same amount of bowlers getting injured?
India - Javagal Srinath, Anil Kumble, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Harbhajan Singh, Avishkar Salvi, more that I can't remember ATM. Indian bowlers are plagued with injuries.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Very few current fast bowlers haven't struggled with injury in some form or another recently. Can't help but think pitches/congestion..

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Very few current fast bowlers haven't struggled with injury in some form or another recently. Can't help but think pitches/congestion..
Too much bottled milk (don't ask - it's Boycott's favourite)
Rubbish footwear (this one I think has a lot to do with it)