• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funny incidents on the cricket field

~Michael~

Cricket Spectator
Linda said:
Another was just this summer when those crazy Zimbabweans were saying 'Hello, hello' into the stump mic. I absolutely fell about laughing.
The guys who were saying "hello,hello" into the stump mic was actually
Tino best (he is bit of a crackpot)from the west indies

chicane

State Captain
~Michael~ said:
The guys who were saying "hello,hello" into the stump mic was actually
Tino best (he is bit of a crackpot)from the west indies
The Zimbabweans too actually....in the recent VB series. Tatenda Taibu was sayin "Hello anyone down there?" or sumthin like that. Then his team-mates joined him. Was during the drinks break.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At an ODI I went to this year, Styris hit a ball straight into the box of McMillan who was at the non-strikers end. Down he went, and the theme song from MASH started playing.

It was quite hilarious.

cbuts

International Debutant
merv hughes brought out a remote control car during a drinks break of a test either at eden park or the basin. he was driving it all around the pitch then into the stumos, he then preceded to go tot he stump mic and pull all sorts of faces

or anytime richie plays! the test in inida with the cramps has been mentioned but also, when the swarms of bee came over and all the fielders dropped down, richie could be heard asking if they were praying and should he get down to.

at the basin last year richie wasnt happy with his shot, and as he run through for a single he was extremyl ****ed off with himself and practised his shot, he was so angry he swung hard and he ended up throwing his bat about 30 metres - accidently. at the basin this year he was chasing a ball to the boundry, the field was a bit and yep youve guessed itm, ritchie ended up flat on his ****.

the sky cricket team put togehter a clip of about 1-2 minutes of the all **** he has done, it was so funny, he is one of the tru characters of the team.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
chicane said:
The Zimbabweans too actually....in the recent VB series. Tatenda Taibu was sayin "Hello anyone down there?" or sumthin like that. Then his team-mates joined him. Was during the drinks break.
Yeah, what he said :)

On the topic of these box stories, my old bass guitar teacher told me a ripper.

He took up cricket (not knowing that he would be any good) and turned out to have a bit of pace on him. Anyway, one day he delivered a corker that went straight into the Jatz Crackers of some poor guy whose box did not weather the collision. If that wasn't bad enough, his... Ballsac got caught in the incision made by the impact and began to bleed.

Some people have all the luck.

Mr Mxyzptlk

2003 World Cup.

Snyman bowled a ball a few feet off the pitch and Younis Khan (shocked at first) skipped over and executed a sound cover drive for 4.

chicane

State Captain
India's tour of NZ 2002. A few guys wearing colourful turbans like Navjot Singh Sidhu. Sidhu went and joined them for a while in the stands.

Craig

World Traveller
Langeveldt said:
3. That chick from Pretoria who had the cameras on her during on of the SA test matches, so she proceeded to take her top off in front of millions of viewers... (And all the SA players watching the big screen)
And I dont suppose a huge cheer went up when that happened?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Another time that comes to mind is when England dropped Gilchrist 5 times in a morning session during the Ashes in England. The looks on Gilchrist's face were priceless. It was as if he was trying his best to give away his wicket and he just couldn't believe his luck.

As I type I think of another. Michael Vaughan bowled Jacobs off a noball after he and Lara had put on the sizeable record-breaking partnership in Antigua this year. Jacobs was in the 90's and thought he was out, so we was halfway back to the pavilion when Lara had to call him back. Perhaps it's a sadistic bone of mine, but I found the whole incident really funny.

Waughney

International Debutant
Gaijin-san said:
On the topic of these box stories, my old bass guitar teacher told me a ripper.

He took up cricket (not knowing that he would be any good) and turned out to have a bit of pace on him. Anyway, one day he delivered a corker that went straight into the Jatz Crackers of some poor guy whose box did not weather the collision. If that wasn't bad enough, his... Ballsac got caught in the incision made by the impact and began to bleed.

Some people have all the luck.
Almost the same thing happened to Micheal Bevan up here once in a NSW probables vs NSW possibles pre-season game (can't remember the bowler), luckily he was OK but it would've hurt :blink: .

V Reddy

International Debutant
Jadeja pulling down the shorts of a boy in SA while leaving the field after the losing against SA in a onedayer in 1997 . It was funny as that boy was looking around to find who was culprit.

Another incident was involving Cricketer turned model Salil Ankola in NZ. I can't remember it precisely as i was very young then. It was in 1993 i think and he was fielding on the boundary. A six was hit on his side and while trying to catch it , he fell over the boundary on to the laps of an old lady sitting in the first row. It was very funny

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
Another incident was involving Cricketer turned model Salil Ankola in NZ. I can't remember it precisely as i was very young then. It was in 1993 i think and he was fielding on the boundary. A six was hit on his side and while trying to catch it , he fell over the boundary on to the laps of an old lady sitting in the first row. It was very funny
Lol ha ha

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Amir Sohail , after V Prasad had bowled a short pitched ball to him, stopping the game and signalling to Prasad where he would hit the next time he bowled to him.

Then , promptly, being clean bowled by Prasad's next delivery and looking very sheepish indeed besides losing the match.

chicane

State Captain
SJS said:
Amir Sohail , after V Prasad had bowled a short pitched ball to him, stopping the game and signalling to Prasad where he would hit the next time he bowled to him.

Then , promptly, being clean bowled by Prasad's next delivery and looking very sheepish indeed besides losing the match.
Sohail hardly looked Sheepish. He was being even more of a jerk raising his bat to the crowd while walking back. Such was the intensity.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Scallywag said:
When I wasnt so old a Aussie supporter released a piglett with Gatting written on it with big red letters. Watching everyone chasing this little pig trying to get it off the field was very funny.
The pig at the Gabba had nothing to do with Gatting. It had Botham written on one side and Eddie (Hemmings) on the other. The incident occurred just over 20 years ago and I was there.

My other favourite Gabba moment was also from over 20 years ago. The crowd kept lobbing a dead cane toad into the air. The game went on for 20 minutes until it ended up inside the scoreboard.