• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Goodwin

Scallywag

Banned
I believe Murray Goodwin will be available to play for Australia next month.

If he can find a purple patch he might interest the selectors.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Scallywag said:
I believe Murray Goodwin will be available to play for Australia next month.

If he can find a purple patch he might interest the selectors.
He's struggling for Sussex at the moment. A very good player at his best but too old to be thought of as a feasable selection in an already settled batting lineup. Hussey and Law do not make the Australia team and are they not of a similar standard?

Last edited:

Scallywag

Banned
I dont think he would get a regular spot but he could be in the squad to keep pressure on the young ones and add a bit of experience in tour games.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think it's highly unlikely they'd turn to him given some of the Australian batsmen waiting to come through (such as Clarke and Watson in particular)

deeps

International 12th Man
hmm...i reckon he'll get a few games... IMO better than hussy and law.... and more experienced than clarke etc.

If a key batsman goes down with a long term injury, i reckno he'll come in

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I highly doubt Goodwin'll be selected for Australia, although stranger things have happened. There are too many younger long-term prospects waiting in the wings for the selectors to choose Goodwin.