• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cataloguing all Zing Bail fails

aussie tragic

International Captain
Bumrah to Warner, no run,*Warner drags it back onto the stumps, but the bails refuse to budge. Clatters into the base of leg stump via a deflection off the boot, but the bails stay put.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea you know this is getting ridiculous when Star Sports has a compilation of zing bail fails prepared for the next time it happens.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has to be the depth of the groove that's causing this imo. Does anyone have any info on if its deeper for the zing bails?

Howe_zat

Audio File
It might be the plastic the stumps are made of absorbing impacts.

I’ve used heavy bails before to stop them being blown off in the wind, and even with eighth division bowlers they will still go down easily.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It might be the plastic the stumps are made of absorbing impacts.

I’ve used heavy bails before to stop them being blown off in the wind, and even with eighth division bowlers they will still go down easily.
Are the whole stumps made of plastic? Somehow I was under the impression that it was only the tips, but I don't actually know.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I'll agree but you wouldn't want to rely solely on observation if confirmation bias is allegedly at play.
A very theoretical point. You know as someone who has watched cricket that this didn't used to happen anywhere near as much.

trundler

I can only recall one incidence of that happening in an international match. It was a test between West Indies and Pakistan. Sammy bowled one that hit top of off but didn't dislodge the bail. Can't remember the series.

5 times in a couple of weeks definitely worse tho.

vcs

You can have a cluster of low-probability events in a short span of time. I am not sure we have enough data to say that there's something wrong with the bails.

TNT

Banned
You can have a cluster of low-probability events in a short span of time. I am not sure we have enough data to say that there's something wrong with the bails.
Agree with this, witnessed it many times playing and watching and to be honest I would have been more surprised if the bails had fallen off on the Warner one.