• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2019/20

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Any one else stand out ? Haven't been able to watch today.
Roelofsen looked alright. Frylinck stood out as always! Qeshile should not be playing the T20 stuff yet. 2 games dominated by one team early. Nothing really exciting.

SeamUp

International Coach
Roelofsen looked alright. Frylinck stood out as always! Qeshile should not be playing the T20 stuff yet. 2 games dominated by one team early. Nothing really exciting.
Watched the highlights. There is a lot to like about Roelofsen. Must focus on the batting and lose the gloves possibly.

Talking of van Vuuren - another young SA u19 playet in Michael Booth also has a bit about him. No chance of him going back to Zimbabwe.

We talking about these KZN players but they one province who only gets the 1 team so I wonder how that will effect things. 1 or 2 players may have to say if I want to further my career I may have to leave.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Nice from Easterns, really good game in the end. Much better than the semis. Quality innings from both Marshall and Roelofsen.

SeamUp

International Coach
Nice from Easterns, really good game in the end. Much better than the semis. Quality innings from both Marshall and Roelofsen.
With Northerns not producing players near the ability of their golden era it is no surprise the Titans were using players from Easterns.

Great memories or maybe not say great but under Ray Jennings back in the day they competed with the big boys. Andrew Hall, Dereck Crookes, Zander de Bruyn, Pierre de Bruyn, Albie Morkel & Andre Nel big behind it.

As a WP supporter I will never forget this Super Sport Series Final. Some quality players.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...tern-province-final-supersport-series-2002-03

Ant Botha moved to play in England. Think he is assistant at Notts now.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
That WP top 5 is quite something
Always created issues when the SA boys came back but I think we all miss that now with our domestic cricket. International stars playing a lot of domestic 4-day cricket.

HD Ackerman left WP at the end of that season & Puttick had to be left out too. No Kallis on top of it. Crazy batting depth.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Always created issues when the SA boys came back but I think we all miss that now with our domestic cricket. International stars playing a lot of domestic 4-day cricket.

HD Ackerman left WP at the end of that season & Puttick had to be left out too. No Kallis on top of it. Crazy batting depth.
It's insane depth. Pretty much the South African equivalent of 90's NSW at full strength

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So I just saw that the 3-day provincial competition starts next week, and then noticed that the 1-day match between the provinces happens the day after the the 3-day match? Is this normal or is this a new idea to save money?

SeamUp

International Coach
So I just saw that the 3-day provincial competition starts next week, and then noticed that the 1-day match between the provinces happens the day after the the 3-day match? Is this normal or is this a new idea to save money?
Always happened.

SeamUp

International Coach
I wonder how contracting is going to go.

Take Qeshile. Border boy but does he feel better off at a test ground with Eastern Province ?

List A - everyone will play each other ? FC there will be 2 divisions but how do you split ?

SeamUp

International Coach
Warriors had their awards evening last night.

4 Day Cricket:
Batting Award – Eddie Moore
Bowling Award – Anrich Nortje
4 Day Player of the Series: Trophy – Eddie Moore

50 Over Cricket:
Batting Award – Sinethemba Qeshile
Bowling Award – Lutho Sipamla
50 Overs Player of the Series: Trophy – Jon Jon Smuts

T20 Cricket:
Batting Award – Marco Marais
Bowling Award – Sisanda Magala
T20 Player of the Series: Trophy – Sisanda Magala

Most Promising Player: Trophy – Sinethemba Qeshile
Fans Player of the Year: Trophy – Jon Jon Smuts
Performance of the Season T20 final sponsored by One Stop Trophy Shop – Jon Jon Smuts

Sports and Recreation Eastern Cape Awards
Newcomer of the year – Sinethemba Qeshile

Team of the Year
Warriors Cricketer of the Year: Trophy – Jon Jon Smuts

MrPrez

International Debutant
I wonder how contracting is going to go.

Take Qeshile. Border boy but does he feel better off at a test ground with Eastern Province ?

List A - everyone will play each other ? FC there will be 2 divisions but how do you split ?
How dare you. I recall us having a Test in East London against India in about 2002...

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Looks a good squad overall. Unfortunately can see losing some of the better players quickly to the Proteas sooner rather than later.

SeamUp

International Coach
How dare you. I recall us having a Test in East London against India in about 2002...
Nice and all to big it up being against India but it was the Bangers wasn't it.... :D :laugh:

Think Biff got his first test double in that game.

SeamUp

International Coach
Looks a good squad overall. Unfortunately can see losing some of the better players quickly to the Proteas sooner rather than later.
Definitely a squad that has a mix of guys seriously pushing for higher honours and some of the best young talent in the country.

Jonkie Jonker must have had a 2 year contract to still have one.