Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: *** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2019/20

Another SA coach drained from the system. So many. Joining Shane Burger as his assistant with Scotland.

https://dolphinscricket.co.za/morgan...lphins-mentor/

Looks like Imraan Khan will step up. But Dolphins want clarity on a few things ahead of the provincial system change.
    LILLEE c WILLEY b DILLEY

LAMB c KOURIE b RICE

Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    SA Emerging
    Raynard van Tonder
    Jason Smith
    Dayyaan Galiem
    Nandre Burger
    Marco Jansen
    In addition to these players, out of those who played for the University side against SA and Sri Lanka Emerging, I'd say that Delano Potgieter (who has already turned out for the Lions) and Beyers Swanepoel are probably worth keeping an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendarii View Post
    In addition to these players, out of those who played for the University side against SA and Sri Lanka Emerging, I'd say that Delano Potgieter (who has already turned out for the Lions) and Beyers Swanepoel are probably worth keeping an eye on.
    Lions haven't released an official contract list yet for next season but I saw his agent confirm he got a contract which is good. Hopefully pushes Dwaine Pretorius. His batting reminds me of Jayasuriya or Trescothick. Weird I know Saw him in an Africa Cup. His bowling is military medium but he seems to know how to use it.

Jason Smith has loads of work to do v spin. Having watched him it is no surprise he has been dismissed twice by Embuldeniya.

Whats up with the change in batting order? Surprised van Tonder batting at 6? Not a good look second innings.
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think theyíve found it."

"I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."

Jason Smith has loads of work to do v spin. Having watched him it is no surprise he has been dismissed twice by Embuldeniya.
    I don't see many SA batsmen that don't need loads of work against quality spin...

I truly wonder what the issue is, we always had an issue as SA players with spin but you would think with the improvement of the SA domestic overall spinners combined with these spin camps in India we keep doing every year we would have got better not worse. I mean you pick some of your best youngsters head off to India every year you would hope they learnt something. And the younger talent is consistently playing against subcontinent teams on the secondary slower tracks in SA and slow tracks in subcontinent. Is it any effect of the LO/T20 stuff? I would put it down to just poor coaching expect even at the highest level where there has been decent coaching and experienced good players of spin it still seems not to have seeped through? Something seems very amiss...

Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    Whats up with the change in batting order? Surprised van Tonder batting at 6?
    Off the field for some time perhaps? If that was the case then the collapse would have resulted in not enough time passing before he could come in.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    I don't see many SA batsmen that don't need loads of work against quality spin...

I truly wonder what the issue is, we always had an issue as SA players with spin but you would think with the improvement of the SA domestic overall spinners combined with these spin camps in India we keep doing every year we would have got better not worse. I mean you pick some of your best youngsters head off to India every year you would hope they learnt something. And the younger talent is consistently playing against subcontinent teams on the secondary slower tracks in SA and slow tracks in subcontinent. Is it any effect of the LO/T20 stuff? I would put it down to just poor coaching expect even at the highest level where there has been decent coaching and experienced good players of spin it still seems not to have seeped through? Something seems very amiss...
    They won in the end which is a step forward.

Definitely. I think most of our young batsmen need to keep improving all aspects of their game. I would definitely put players into different tiers though on work to do v spin. Think someone like Janneman has quite a bit to do but he can get away with it more being an opener compared to say Jason Smith & Sinethemba Qeshile.

When you grow up on the wickets we do and v seam your natural reactions and instinct become imprinted so unless they super quick or super skillfull the challenge is less as you go up compared to spin. Obviously the quality gets higher and SA A and international you will get found out against quality seam. Spin seems to suffocate our batsmen as it is fairly accurate and you have to judge length quickly. Often a spinner can intend to spin it and it doesn't spin as we all know and then you play for the straight ones and one grips. I think the key to spin is smothering so you don't have to doubt whether it spins or not but the best spinners get that dip making it difficult to get out to it.
    Last edited by SeamUp; 22-07-2019 at 03:40 AM.

When you grow up on the wickets we do and v seam your natural reactions and instinct become imprinted so unless they super quick or super skillfull the challenge is less as you go up compared to spin. Obviously the quality gets higher and SA A and international you will get found out against quality seam. Spin seems to suffocate our batsmen as it is fairly accurate and you have to judge length quickly. Often a spinner can intend to spin it and it doesn't spin as we all know and then you play for the straight ones and one grips. I think the key to spin is smothering so you don't have to doubt whether it spins or not but the best spinners get that dip making it difficult to get out to it.
    I think judging length is the key to spin, and our batsmen seem to fail miserably at it. Hence we get into the habit of playing back to spin and playing it off and/or sweeping. Little to no use of the feet because they can't judge the length and that is a big issue for me because playing the length is the key to batting of any sort.

I get the feeling they are choosing the technique of playing bcak and off the pitch for short term gains, because the quality of spinner is not as good, but at top level, unless the pitch is very slow, it fails miserably whereas the more difficult technique of learning to judge length is ignored because it takes time and practise.
    Last edited by StephenZA; 22-07-2019 at 03:59 AM.
    SeamUp likes this.

2018/19 CSA Awards Nominees

SELECTED AWARDS NOMINATIONS

AFRICA T20 CUP PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT

Nandre Burger (Central Gauteng Lions)

Delano Potgieter (Central Gauteng Lions)

Marco Marais (Border)

DOMESTIC NEWCOMER OF THE SEASON

David Bedingham (Cape Cobras)

Janneman Malan (Cape Cobras)

Sinethemba Qeshile (Warriors)

Lutho Sipamla (Warriors)

ONE-DAY CUP CRICKETER OF THE SEASON

Junior Dala (Titans)

Aiden Markram (Titans)

Kyle Verreynne (Cape Cobras)

CSA T20 CHALLENGE CRICKETER OF THE SEASON

Temba Bavuma (Highveld Lions)

Theunis de Bruyn (Titans)

Bjorn Fortuin (Highveld Lions)

Rassie van der Dussen (Highveld Lions)

FOUR-DAY FRANCHISE CRICKETER OF THE SEASON

Pieter Malan (Cape Cobras)

Edward Moore (Warriors)

Keegan Petersen (Knights)

Dane Piedt (Cape Cobras)

Nicky van den Bergh (Highveld Lions)

T20 INTERNATIONAL CRICKETER OF THE YEAR

Reeza Hendricks

David Miller

Andile Phehlukwayo

Rassie van der Dussen

ODI CRICKETER OF THE YEAR

Faf du Plessis

Imran Tahir

Andile Phehlukwayo

Kagiso Rabada

Rassie van der Dussen

TEST CRICKETER OF THE YEAR

Quinton de Kock

Faf du Plessis

Keshav Maharaj

Kagiso Rabada

Dale Steyn

CSA MEN’S CRICKETER OF THE YEAR

Quinton de Kock

Faf du Plessis

Imran Tahir

Kagiso Rabada

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...th-africa-2019

van Tonder with a ton and Qeshile with another quick 80 odd. Breetzke batting at 5?

International Regular GoodAreasShane's Avatar
    The long lost son of Bruce Reid with five in the emerging teams game. Quality stuff
    2019 CWPL Care Cup champion

Quote Originally Posted by Magrat Garlick View Post
    glad to not have found out the real name of GoodAreasShane, as it allows me to keep imagining that at club cricket his mates shout "good areas, GoodAreasShane"
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    JP Kotze is a hero.

See Ngam has been given the head coach position at Border. Hopefully does a good job.

2018/19 CSA Awards Nominees

SELECTED AWARDS NOMINATIONS

AFRICA T20 CUP PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT

Marco Marais (Border)

DOMESTIC NEWCOMER OF THE SEASON

Sinethemba Qeshile (Warriors)

ONE-DAY CUP CRICKETER OF THE SEASON

Junior Dala (Titans)

CSA T20 CHALLENGE CRICKETER OF THE SEASON

Bjorn Fortuin (Highveld Lions)

FOUR-DAY FRANCHISE CRICKETER OF THE SEASON

Dane Piedt (Cape Cobras)

T20 INTERNATIONAL CRICKETER OF THE YEAR

David Miller

ODI CRICKETER OF THE YEAR

Faf du Plessis

TEST CRICKETER OF THE YEAR

Quinton de Kock

CSA MEN’S CRICKETER OF THE YEAR

Faf du Plessis
    sacricketmag.com/full-list-cricket-south-africa-awards-winners-professional-amateur/

Domestic Players’ Player of the Season: Bjorn Fortuin (Lions)
    SACA Most Valuable Player Award: Dane Piedt (Cape Cobras)
    U19 Cricketer of the Year: Bryce Parsons (Central Gauteng Lions)
    Last edited by StephenZA; 04-08-2019 at 03:14 AM.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information