• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2019/20

SeamUp

International Coach
Roelofsen with his 3rd 100 of the season for the Dolphins. Could be an interesting game in Oudtshoorn if there is enough time.

Dendarii

International Debutant
The bigger issue is why Coetzee only bowled 6 overs?
He hasn't played in any of the previous matches, so maybe coming back from injury and not bowling a full quota as a precautionary measure? Probably shouldn't have been picked if that's the case.

MrPrez

International Debutant
So I just had a thought (not sure if it's actually already a thing):

Since we're seemingly happy to force quotas in FC cricket, how about a youth quota? X numbers of players under Y age to be included in a FC team?

If this is to be implemented I would obviously do it once we're back to the extended provincial system as you don't want a similar situation to the racial quota system where guys like Andrew Birch are potentially not playing because of quotas. But if it's the difference between playing a talented but raw 20-year-old vs playing an unspectacular FC veteran, I'd want the former every time.

I think SA has a bit of an issue with nurturing youngsters - if you compare the ridiculous talent in our u19 teams to where they often end up, I think we need to be focusing on bridging the gap as much as possible.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Of course, your Markrams, de Kocks, and Rabadas of the world will play FC cricket anyway. But you may have guys who aren't stand-out u19s who, with the right nurturing and opportunities, could surprise people.

Bahseph

State Captain
Muthusamy with a good all-round game for the Dolphins. 37 and 33 with the bat and match figures of 10/128. Big performance before the next Test in PE.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Hardus Viljoen with a century at better than a run a ball! :shocking:
He is a good striker of the ball. Can see it was a bit of a hit and hope situation and the Cobras bowlers probably panicked. Nice to see Nandre get some wickets as well.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone got any info on this Ryan Cartwright character?
Stop trying to get insider info for your CPL!

Don't know much, but would not be over enamoured with him, plays in the 3-day competition and not regularly it appears from number of FC games. Could be a late bloomer!

SeamUp

International Coach
Big burly fast bowler. Saw him a while ago now though. Maybe high 130s then. It's so weird how many players the Titans have given opportunities too over the last 2 seasons. Really trusting their club system.

Pleased to see Daryn Dupavillon finally get a pitch that seamers can contribute on which is a surprise at Maritzburg.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Stop trying to get insider info for your CPL!

Don't know much, but would not be over enamoured with him, plays in the 3-day competition and not regularly it appears from number of FC games. Could be a late bloomer!
Big burly fast bowler. Saw him a while ago now though. Maybe high 130s then. It's so weird how many players the Titans have given opportunities too over the last 2 seasons. Really trusting their club system.

Pleased to see Daryn Dupavillon finally get a pitch that seamers can contribute on which is a surprise at Maritzburg.
Thought I’d add my thoughts on here for what it’s worth. Watched Cartwright bowl last week when Ruan Terblanche made a ton, to be fair I was pretty impressed with the limited amount I saw of him (that stretched a couple of spells). Certainly big and burly and looked like he hit the deck hard, the pitch at Boland had very little in it and he just peppered away in really good areas back of a length, good control from what I saw.