Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: *** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2019/20

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    SeamUp, Kleinveldt has been at the club for 3 weeks now, and is pretty much universally loved by everyone. Big personality, effervescent and seems like a great guy
    SeamUp likes this.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post
    SeamUp, Kleinveldt has been at the club for 3 weeks now, and is pretty much universally loved by everyone. Big personality, effervescent and seems like a great guy
    Thanks mate. Rory is a good bloke. I'm sure he will be trying to catch some Nerwcastle games when the football season resumes.

Some unfortunate news came through in recent days that Johnny Kleinveldt (Rory's uncle) who was a successful cricketer during isolation passed away.

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/cricket/...veldt-24608781
    LILLEE c WILLEY b DILLEY

LAMB c KOURIE b RICE

Trying to see how some of the other lads are doing.

George Linde with 132 off 82 for Ramsbottom v Lowerhouse

Nice interviews with SA u19 captain Bryce Parsons. Think he is one to seriously watch.

Bryce Parsons ? TAG Foundation

A more recent one than the above.

Bryce Parsons has been appointed as the captain of the South Africa under-19s ahead of their home tour against Pakistan after several standout performances in his first tour against India earlier this year.

The impressive all-rounder will lead a squad of 15 in a seven-match Youth One-Day International (ODI) series taking place in Pietermaritzburg and Chatsworth between June 22 and July 7.

The 18-year old made his SA U19s debut in the first Youth Test match in the team's tour to India in February before going on to feature in the second Test. He subsequently earned four more caps in South Africa’s third-place finish during the quadrangular Youth ODI series that included India U19 'A', 'B' and Afghanistan.

Despite being one of only three players who played every match in the tour of the subcontinent, Parsons expressed his surprise at the appointment but is already looking forward to the series and helping his side achieve its targets.

"It's obviously a massive privilege to captain my country in this upcoming tour against Pakistan," the youngster said.

"I am pretty shocked to be captain because I didn't think I'd get it but I am grateful for this opportunity that has come to hand. I am just going to try lead from the front and set a good example for the team, try to add to the team culture and help everyone get ready for the games.

"As a team, we really want to win the series, to bounce back from what happened in India. Personally, I just want to lead well. It's going to be my first tour as captain, so I want to do well and hopefully win the series."

In India, Parsons shone thanks to his all-round ability with bat and ball. He scored 239 runs, including two half-centuries and a six-wicket haul (6/77) in the longer format before adding a further seven wickets to his tally in the Youth ODI matches at an average of 18.42.

The King Edwards VII School matriculant and First XI skipper is relishing the added responsibility that captaincy will bring and is focused on leading through his performances to inspire his team-mates.

"Most players love the extra challenges in the game, and I am no different," Parsons added. "I just want to take this challenge (of captaincy) in my stride and lead from the front with the players. If you are doing well as a captain, the whole team will have confidence. I just have to focus on doing what I do best and then try and lead the team."

With the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2020 on the forefront of the team's preparations, Parsons believes that a tight team spirit will do well for team's chances in the upcoming series against Pakistan.

"It's really important to for the coaching staff and myself that we stick together as a team, in good times and in bad, that's most important," he explained.

"If everyone is there for each other with no individuals or players playing for themselves, we'll all pull through and do enough to get selected for this team and represent it well. We have a lot of experienced guys who've gone to India and have seen the challenges that lie ahead."

SA U19s head coach, Lawrence Mahatlane shared his thoughts on the appointment of Parsons, saying:

"Bryce is a very special player. He was the U17 Cricketer of the Year in 2017 and the Khaya Majola Week Cricketer of the Year last year as a grade 11 pupil, so his cricket pedigree is very good. He was also outstanding in India. So, as a leader, this is an opportunity for him to keep standing up and showing his leadership qualities.

"He's also captained his school side this year and various age-group sides over the years. It will be good to watch how he captains the SA U19s and I am quite excited to watching him share the way he thinks about the game, with the whole squad."
    Last edited by SeamUp; 01-06-2019 at 08:50 AM.

SA U19s announced more fixtures before hosting the WC.

SA U19 Youth ODI series against Pakistan U19 in Durban and Pietermaritzburg

June 2019

Wed 19 Warm Up Match KZN Academy v Pakistan U19 (Varsity Oval)

Sat 22 1st Youth ODI South Africa v Pakistan U19 (Chatsworth Oval)

Tue 25 2nd Youth ODI South Africa v Pakistan U19 (Pietermaritzburg)

Thu 27 3rd Youth ODI South Africa v Pakistan U19 (Pietermaritzburg)

Sun 30 4th Youth ODI South Africa v Pakistan U19 (Pietermaritzburg)

July 2019

Tue 02 5th Youth ODI South Africa v Pakistan U19 (Pietermaritzburg)

Fri 05 6th Youth ODI South Africa v Pakistan U19 (Chatsworth Oval)

Sun 07 7th Youth ODI South Africa v Pakistan U19 (Chatsworth Oval)

SA U19 Youth ODI series against India U19 in East London

December 2019

Mon 23 Warm Up Match Border Inv XI v India U19 (Police Park)

Thu 26 1st Youth ODI South Africa U19 v India U19 (Buffalo Park Cricket Stadium)

Sat 28 2nd Youth ODI South Africa U19 v India U19 (Buffalo Park Cricket Stadium)

Mon 30 3rd Youth ODI South Africa U19 v India U19 (Buffalo Park Cricket Stadium)

SA U19 Youth ODI Quadrangular series against India, New Zealand & Zimbabwe in Durban

January 2020

Fri 03 1st Youth ODI South Africa U19 v India U19 (Kingsmead Cricket Ground)

Fri 03 2nd Youth ODI New Zealand U19 v Zimbabwe U19 (Chatsworth Cricket Oval)

Sun 05 3rd Youth ODI India U19 v Zimbabwe U19 (Kingsmead Cricket Ground)

Sun 05 4th Youth ODI South Africa U19 v New Zealand U19 (Chatsworth Cricket Oval)

Tue 07 5th Youth ODI South Africa U19 v Zimbabwe U19 (Kingsmead Cricket Ground)

Tue 07 6th Youth ODI India U19 v New Zealand U19 (Chatsworth Cricket Oval)

Thu 09 7th Youth ODI (Bronze) 3rd Place v 4th Place (Chatsworth Cricket Oval)

Thu 09 8th Youth ODI (Final) 1st Place v 2nd Place (Kingsmead Cricket Ground)
    The squad again.

1. Jonathan Bird (Western Province)
    2. Ruan Terblanche (Boland)
    3. Luke Beaufort (wk) (Eastern Province)
    4. Bryce Parsons (c) (Guateng)
    5. Michael Copeland (Gauteng)
    6. Tiaan van Vuuren (Eastern Province)
    7. Gerald Coetzee (Free State)
    8. Nonelela Yikha (Border)
    9. Achille Cloete (Boland)
    10. Siya Plaatjie (Western Province)
    11. Lifa Ntanzi (Kwa-Zulu Natal Coastal)

Good to see EP's Tiaan Van Vuuren back after a serious injury. Left-arm swing bowler who hits the cricket ball hard.

They will probably get an extra batsman in there. Other players are Andrew Louw (Free State) , Akeem Minnaar (Boland), Khanya Cotani (North West) & Imraan Philander (WP). Think Louw is a batsman & Minnaar/Cotani are keepers.
    Last edited by SeamUp; 01-06-2019 at 09:02 AM.

Stiaan's 9th score of 150+ in FC cricket at Lord's : https://twitter.com/SussexCCC/status...75107529826304

Harmer top of the pops in Div 1 again.

Wiese & Parnell taking wickets and scoring runs.

So frustrating that Kolpaks are cleaning up at this time.
    Last edited by SeamUp; 03-06-2019 at 01:26 PM.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Also SeamUp Corne Dry is playing at Carlton CC (Edinburgh). Remember him from 2012 U19 WC - looked a real prospect

Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post
    Also SeamUp Corne Dry is playing at Carlton CC (Edinburgh). Remember him from 2012 U19 WC - looked a real prospect
    Think he has played in Ireland before too. Probably just didn;t kick on. High 120s away swingers.

Other players over in UK with Kleinveldt, Linde and Dry above that I know (more well known better players as there are loads of others)

David Bedingham (Plumtree) - in Notts
    Keegan Petersen (Stroud) - in Gloucestershire
    Ryan Rickelton (West Bridgfordians) - in Notts
    Eddie Moore (Rochdale) - Lancs
    Marco Marais (Brewers)
    Last edited by SeamUp; 05-06-2019 at 05:57 AM.

First SA u19 v Pakistan u19 game

Bird, Louw*, Beaufort, Parsons, Cotani (wk)*, Minnaar*, Copeland*, van Vuuren*, Coetzee, Cloete, Ntanzi

* debut

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...th-africa-2019

SA Emerging starts next Saturday. Just about keeping interest with SA cricket at the moment.
    Last edited by SeamUp; 22-06-2019 at 01:31 AM.
    StephenZA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    First SA u19 v Pakistan u19 game

Bird, Louw*, Beaufort, Parsons, Cotani (wk)*, Minnaar*, Copeland*, van Vuuren*, Coetzee, Cloete, Ntanzi

* debut

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...th-africa-2019

SA Emerging starts next Saturday. Just about keeping interest with SA cricket at the moment.
    Another pathetic run chase from an SA team.

Parsons left stranded on 57 off 64 & add in his 10 2-24 with spin and his tour to India earlier this year and he is legit serious potential.

Another pathetic run chase from an SA team.

Parsons left stranded on 57 off 64 & add in his 10 2-24 with spin and his tour to India earlier this year and he is legit serious potential.
    Saw that. What sort of pitches they playing on? I`m guessing slow from the score cards. Nice to see more all-rounders coming through. How is Coetzee 4th choice bowler?
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it."

"I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."

Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    Saw that. What sort of pitches they playing on? I`m guessing slow from the score cards. Nice to see more all-rounders coming through. How is Coetzee 4th choice bowler?
    In the winter even if in Dubran it probably is slow. You see it when the SA A side play games at home this time of year too.

I also thought it odd. He was just opening the bowling for the Knights so not sure if a niggle has played role or not but then he wouldn't be bowling.

Tournaments Won: 1
    How good is Parson's bowling? Is he a genuine attacking option who could be a long-term test spinner for us, or is he more just a useful all-rounder type?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPrez View Post
    How good is Parson's bowling? Is he a genuine attacking option who could be a long-term test spinner for us, or is he more just a useful all-rounder type?
    Got to see him still. But I've heard serious ability by many people in the know in SA Junior cricket.

Definitely batsmen first and he seems to be adaptable too conditions which is brilliant considering he has learnt his cricket in Joburg/Benoni.

Robin Peterseon who works with the SA u19 team seems to really rate his potential with the ball. I think it will be a bonus of he is good enough to be a test spinner (batting will decide) but in a limited overs side it sounds like he could be gold.

Tournaments Won: 1
    Got to see him still. But I've heard serious ability by many people in the know in SA Junior cricket.

Definitely batsmen first and he seems to be adaptable too conditions which is brilliant considering he has learnt his cricket in Joburg/Benoni.

Robin Peterseon who works with the SA u19 team seems to really rate his potential with the ball. I think it will be a bonus of he is good enough to be a test spinner (batting will decide) but in a limited overs side it sounds like he could be gold.
    If he could establish himself as a top 6 batsman and bowl solid spin he could be a tremendous asset, potentially even allowing us to run a four-prong pace attack in SA.

Not sure if I'm being anecdotal but I wonder if he won't go the Parnell route (hopefully performing much better though) and focus more on his bowling despite doing both at u19 level. I think if he's a genuine test-quality spinner it might be more important to focus on that, even if he's a batting AR for now.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information