• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic off-season 2019

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
because he's naturally depressed due to the red hair?
Heh. Maybe. Nah just a guy with talent and the ability to take wickets. I understand he has work to do, but his upside is higher, so reward him.

From the contracted list outs I think Bosisto and Kingston could benefit from a move interstate. I kind of liked Kingston as a white ball bowler.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Pope is easily the most naturally talented slow bowler South Australia has had in my lifetime, it would be a travesty if he gets shafted by those higher up at SACA. Personally I would have given him a full deal, and use him primarily as a red ball bowler (be that Shield or FL) for the short to medium term.

Agreed on Kingston, I've said it before but he kinda reminds me of South Africa/Cobras pacer Dane Paterson a bit, has a decent yorker from memory.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Renshaw still can’t get a game for Kent

Not a good reflection
He's going through a really bad patch isn't he. The real test is to see whether he had the game to lift himself back to first class and test standard.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Renshaw hasn't been dropped. His contract just ended a while back. Wiaan Mulder has taken over as overseas.

Matt Renshaw
‏Verified account @MattRenshaw449
May 17

Big thanks to everyone at @kentcricket for my time over here! It’s been a great experience and learning curve ��#spitfires @ The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Anybody know anything about this kid? - Tim David - Check David's News, Career, Age, Rankings, Stats | ESPNcricinfo.com

Will be turning up for Singapore in the ICC T20 WC Qualifiers
Tall middle order bat, likes to go straight from what I remember. Can also bowl a few meds, they don't look anything to write home about though. Was on the WA list, but he missed a fair bit of cricket with a busted foot, lost his contract recently as a result so he has obviously now decided to try his luck in the associate world

There is something seriously weird going on in Perth grade. How the hell did Craig Simmons (yeah, THAT Craig Simmons) take 53 wickets at 14ish. I'm not sure to laugh or be deeply depressed about that

Last edited:

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Kelvin Smith has done nothing in is multiple chances for SA to show he is capable of playing FC cricket. Hopefully he will prove me wrong in WA but I highly doubt it.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The whole idea of being a budding sportsman when your dad was a very famous one in the same sport seems really daunting to my POV. Like it would be really hard to live up to expectations.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The whole idea of being a budding sportsman when your dad was a very famous one in the same sport seems really daunting to my POV. Like it would be really hard to live up to expectations.
Might be wrong but don´t remember there being that much pressure on Alister from media or fans because of his Dad

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder what chance of him coming straight into the Queensland XI are? I tend to think he might personally. They may try to slot him into the role Feldman was doing, Queensland tend to like having a steady stock bowler in their XI and Gannon is just dreadful

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
As for Kelvin Smith, going out to the west seems an odd move to me. Don't think he'll find it as easy to smash up grade medium pacers on harder Perth wickets

Chubb

International Regular
Hi guys, looking for some info.

It’s very likely I’ll be moving to Melbourne in September (my partner has a great career opportunity) and I need to find out more about the cricket scene/clubs/levels etc.

I play fourth grade in Wellington and not sure how that compares to anything in Australia. Don’t want looking to play anything serious and not sure exactly where we’ll be living yet. I guess it would be good to know how the leagues are structured and what sort of team I should be looking for.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hi guys, looking for some info.

It’s very likely I’ll be moving to Melbourne in September (my partner has a great career opportunity) and I need to find out more about the cricket scene/clubs/levels etc.

I play fourth grade in Wellington and not sure how that compares to anything in Australia. Don’t want looking to play anything serious and not sure exactly where we’ll be living yet. I guess it would be good to know how the leagues are structured and what sort of team I should be looking for.
Hard to give you much information without knowing where you will be located, Melbourne's a big place. As far as structure goes it's all pretty straight forward, most clubs tend to have between 3 and 8 teams of significantly varying level. The highest level of club cricket would be premier cricket, each club having 4 teams and generally pretty strong (except Greenvale) depending on what you're used to.

Then there's varying grades and competitions of turf + synthetic wickets, most clubs will probably have a grade that suits you, but not all have turf wickets. So if that's something you value then check before signing up to a club.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Meanwhile in Adelaide Gradeland, Redbacks rookie Tim Oakley has moved to West Torrens from TTG, in large part to work with Mark Harrity who has been head coach there for a while. Nice stuff, Oakley isn't entirely dissimilar to Hags himself in mindset (different arms though), likes to just charge in and whang it down as quick as possible, which is what I have been thinking the SACA attack needs more of for a while now.

Obviously he's still quite raw, can have a tendency to have an errant front foot at times, but if he keeps on improving he could be an absolute weapon