• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The List

Loony BoB

International Captain
The List Of Things People Need To Stop Bringing Up In Every Single Thread
1) Tendulkar is (not) a choker.
2) Flintoff is (not) one of the best all rounders in the world today.
3) Kallis is (not) one of the best all rounders in the world today.

I'm sure some of the older members can add to this list? :)

It's like you should just have one thread for each of these topics and shove them in a subforum or a forum at the bottom of the forums index. It's amazing how many threads can be twisted into one of the above conversations, or how many times one of the topics can come up in a single thread.

Please don't discuss the numbered topics in this thread, the only thing you need to discuss is what other topics are done over and over in every single thread!

twctopcat

International Regular
Loonny BoB's got a point. I know this is a board for discussion but some people love whining saying "i think he's the best", "no i think he's the best"....Gets a bit repetitive after a while, people should just try to accept other people's opinions but you get the odd person trying to brainwash or convince when it clearly isn't going to happen.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
twctopcat said:
Loonny BoB's got a point. I know this is a board for discussion but some people love whining saying "i think he's the best", "no i think he's the best"....Gets a bit repetitive after a while, people should just try to accept other people's opinions but you get the odd person trying to brainwash or convince when it clearly isn't going to happen.
Too damn right... Murali v Warne springs to mind.

Anyone got some ideas for some more signs to go with this one?

PY

International Coach
I was about to say that the Murali thing is beginning to bore the crap out of me. :)

How about "Don't feed the ginge!"?

We had a few about the merits of NSW to become a Test playing state a while ago.

I personally don't mind people posting about those topics you have specified as long as they are in the correct thread and not abusive in any way. People must be allowed to :wallbash: themselves to death if they wish it.

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
PY said:
I was about to say that the Murali thing is beginning to bore the crap out of me. :)

How about "Don't feed the ginge!"?

We had a few about the merits of NSW to become a Test playing state a while ago.

I personally don't mind people posting about those topics you have specified as long as they are in the correct thread and not abusive in any way. People must be allowed to :wallbash: themselves to death if they wish it.
I agree. Having someone mention Tendulkar being a choker in an Aussie-Zimbabwe thread (I think - it was one of the tour threads, not relating to India) was what shocked me at first. Bringing that up in a totally unrelated thread is like putting McGrath in as an opener. :D

tooextracool

International Coach
Loony BoB said:
I agree. Having someone mention Tendulkar being a choker in an Aussie-Zimbabwe thread (I think - it was one of the tour threads, not relating to India) was what shocked me at first. Bringing that up in a totally unrelated thread is like putting McGrath in as an opener. :D
you definetly have a point but i think that despite this people are still going to bring up unrelated topics in threads. the tendulkar is a choker thing has even been brought up in the "nz tour of england" thread recently as well and this along with the murali vs warne argument will always find a way to come up every now and then. unless bans are implemented i dont think that we will ever see these topics not being brought up....speaking fo which, how many ppl have been banned from these forums?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
We don't tend to ban people unless they're abusive - a handful in the 2 and half years of the forum...

Loony BoB

International Captain
I noticed you guys don't ban trolls and the like (at least not from what I've seen), but rather just make fun of them for a couple of posts and move on quickly after. I really like that. You guys have a different (compared to other boards I go to) way of dealing with things around here, and it works well for you. Wish we had people as level headed over where I come from, forum-wise.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Loony BoB said:
I noticed you guys don't ban trolls and the like (at least not from what I've seen), but rather just make fun of them for a couple of posts and move on quickly after. I really like that. You guys have a different (compared to other boards I go to) way of dealing with things around here, and it works well for you. Wish we had people as level headed over where I come from, forum-wise.
Cheers.. we try our best. I think it's one of the things that makes the forums as good as they are :)

I'm personally not in favour of bans/censorship in most situations - information and argument is much more effective than coverup for mine.

Kode - why shouldn't we feed clouds? ;)

Craig

World Traveller
Loony BoB said:
The List Of Things People Need To Stop Bringing Up In Every Single Thread
1) Tendulkar is (not) a choker.
2) Flintoff is (not) one of the best all rounders in the world today.
3) Kallis is (not) one of the best all rounders in the world today.

I'm sure some of the older members can add to this list? :)

It's like you should just have one thread for each of these topics and shove them in a subforum or a forum at the bottom of the forums index. It's amazing how many threads can be twisted into one of the above conversations, or how many times one of the topics can come up in a single thread.

Please don't discuss the numbered topics in this thread, the only thing you need to discuss is what other topics are done over and over in every single thread!
Hayden v Lara etc type threads.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Anyone got some ideas for some more signs to go with this one?
You'll probably want to save these locally to use 'em but they're not bad (the first one is quite apt for a particular poster around these parts)...

And here's a useful one for some of the more repetitive threads... :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
you definetly have a point but i think that despite this people are still going to bring up unrelated topics in threads. the tendulkar is a choker thing has even been brought up in the "nz tour of england" thread recently as well and this along with the murali vs warne argument will always find a way to come up every now and then. unless bans are implemented i dont think that we will ever see these topics not being brought up....speaking fo which, how many ppl have been banned from these forums?
Unfortunately (for many of us) other members have long memories. You've adequately demonstrated a broad knowledge of cricket but like many of us have your own hobby horse. When it comes up, everyone else goes 'here we go again' or I go 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzz' and then things get heated for a while.

Same as the originator of this thread - Loony Bob. God, he infuriates me, always so sensible.

And don't get me started on the interfering Ginger.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

/or something