• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in England 2019

Howe_zat

Audio File
Only T20I, at Cardiff, May 5 2019

1st ODI, Lords - Wednesday 8th May - 13:00 BST

2nd ODI, Rose Bowl - Saturday 11th May - 11:00 BST

3rd ODI, Bristol - Tuesday 14th May - 13:00 BST

4th ODI, Trent Bridge - Friday 17th May - 13:00 BST

5th ODI, Headingley - Sunday 19th May - 11:00 BST

Bijed

International Regular
Root's had his moments in T20s, but he plays far too many run-a-ball (or thereabouts) innings for my liking. Him and Denly in the same team is not a good idea at all imo, given the latter is sort of Root-lite in the format.

Borges

International Regular
Root is perfect when they play the first team, with Bairstow, Buttler, ATVG Moeen Ali etc.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Root's had his moments in T20s, but he plays far too many run-a-ball (or thereabouts) innings for my liking. Him and Denly in the same team is not a good idea at all imo, given the latter is sort of Root-lite in the format.
Can't recall the last time he did anything of note in the format.

Bijed

International Regular
Can't recall the last time he did anything of note in the format.
Root did well in our recent match against WI (the one where they ended up being out for 45), but he'd pretty much just made low scores or slightly bigger but slow-ish innings since his (admittedly brilliant) 83 againt SA in the 2016 WC when we were chasing 230.

trundler

Zaman flaky as ever..

Simply can't have long term success with a technique like that.

Borges

International Regular
Woo! These guys have gone and benched ATVG Moeen Ali. and now Root is bowling. Take him to the cleaners, I say!

trundler

So glad most of the world cup is to be played in June when it doesn't rain in England.

slippy888

International Captain
Yasir Shah seems a waste of a selection when you have a better all rounder in Shadab Khan in the doldrums

Borges

International Regular
Both teams are experimenting a bit with the line ups.
Last game, England benched ATVG Moeen Ali; this one, they have benched wunderkind Archer. And they still have got Plunkett Disaster in the eleven.