• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zaheer Khan likely to play for surrey

chicane

State Captain
Also about the Indian pace attack. Irfan and Balaji have pretty much sealed their places in the side after their performances in Pakistan. Nehra also didn't do much wrong in the ODI's and the final test. Zaheer was poor. I would still pick Pathan, Balaji and Zaheer. What would be your picks?

masterblaster

International Captain
Irfan, Balaji, Zaheer, Kumble

If Zaheer however doesn't look the part in ODI's (bowls rubbish), Id go back to Agarkar as he has a solid ODI bowling record.

Also because well im in the AAAS!

Rich2001

International Captain
If I was Surrey I would turn him down and make him suffer, just like he did to all the counties at the start of the season he said he didn't want to play for ;) :p :D

Who does he play instead of though at Surrey? I can't see Surrey dropping M Bicknell, J Ormond, Saqlain Mushtaq or Azhar Mahmood - I Salisbury maybe? but he doesn't play all matches anyway.

chicane

State Captain
Rich2001 said:
If I was Surrey I would turn him down and make him suffer, just like he did to all the counties at the start of the season he said he didn't want to play for ;) :p :D
I think Surrey made the offer to him and he agreed.
Rich2001 said:
Who does he play instead of though at Surrey? I can't see Surrey dropping M Bicknell, J Ormond, Saqlain Mushtaq or Azhar Mahmood - I Salisbury maybe? but he doesn't play all matches anyway.
Did you read the article? Qoutes -
'Pace spearhead Zaheer Khan is likely to play two first-class cricket matches and a limited overs fixture for English county club Surrey this summer.

"Zaheer will replace Pakistani spinner Saqlain Mushtaq in the Surrey team. The dates (of the matches he has to play) are not fixed yet but Zaheer has agreed to the offer"
'

chicane

State Captain
marc71178 said:
Small point, but if they've got Saqlain and Azhar then they can't have him!
How is Saqlain performing over there? From what I saw in the Multan test he looked to have completely lost his bite.

chicane

State Captain
masterblaster said:
Irfan, Balaji, Zaheer, Kumble

If Zaheer however doesn't look the part in ODI's (bowls rubbish), Id go back to Agarkar as he has a solid ODI bowling record.

Also because well im in the AAAS!
Wasn't that long ago when Zaheer was our best opening strike bowler and also the best at the death with those yorkers was it? Agarkar is definitely the next best option.

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah, but he keeps breaking down and with that becomes too inconsistent.

More often that not lately, he falls flat on his face rather than inspire us.

Pathan and Balaji have been truly inspiring, and I rate Agarkar better than Zaheer in ODI's due to his batting ability, experience and solid ODI bowling record.

Nehra too keeps breaking down and is too hot and cold. Not sure how Munaf Patel and Aavishkar Salvi are coming along, Salvi is another fragile Indian fast bowler apparently.

So Zaheer for now, but if he flops I'd go with Agarkar. But Irfan and Balaji have no doubt cemented their place in this Indian lineup.

chicane

State Captain
Zaheer was outstanding until recently when his hamstring started giving problems. For the Pakistan series he was advised to shorten his run-up and delivery stride jump to avouid furhter leg injuries. When fully fit, IMO he still should be our pace spearhead. I saw Munaf bowling in the Ranji final. He looks quick but not very accurate. There will also be some more selection drama when Bhajji comes back.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chicane said:
Marc, is he bowling flat out?
I dunno, but either way it is only Essex!!!

He's playing as an amateur I see - so he won't have a company car. Could be risky with the Essex boys around...

chicane

State Captain
Zaheer finishes with 7-0-36-2 with 9 wides. Decent performance even if it was against OMG Essex!