• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Sri Lanka boycott Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scallywag

Banned
If Sri Lanka decided to boycott Australia on the grounds of racism using Leahman, Ponting, and Howard as examples how would you expect the ICC to react. IMO this is the next step judging by the way things are going.

Please keep the discussion to the ICC and their response if you can.

anzac

International Debutant
IMO there is a big difference from Murali threatening to boycott / not go as an indivudual, as opposed to the team / SLCB boycotting on such grounds.............much the same diff as MacGill not going v ACB pulling out.....

consequently I'd rather not add further fuel to the fire (just yet) by speculating on such events & being accused of putting words into their mouths.............(regardless if I perhaps agree that it could well be heading towards this sort of threat / action).........

Scallywag

Banned
I can see the pressure put on Zimbabwe due to its racist selection policy being turned around and being the next line of defence for Sri Lanka in their fight for the right to chuck. If this does happen it will be interesting to see what happens to the ICC because the issue will move on to the root cause of Murali's problem.

Sehwag309

Banned
I don't see any comments which suggest racism, so IMO Lanka should not boycott the tour and if they do on grounds of racism then ICC would ask to them to justify it.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
If Sri Lanka refused to tour Australia for the reasons above, IMO they will become the laughing stock of world cricket, and really need to grow up.

Sudeep

International Captain
Sehwag309 said:
I don't see any comments which suggest racism, so IMO Lanka should not boycott the tour and if they do on racism grounds then ICC would ask to them to justify it.
... which they won't be able to.

Andre

International Regular
SL would become a laughing stock - Lehmann's comments were nearly 2 years ago and he's since apologised and the matter is closed.

I've got no idea how Ponting and Howard are related to racism, someone is going to have to fill me in there...

Craig

World Traveller
Andre said:
SL would become a laughing stock - Lehmann's comments were nearly 2 years ago and he's since apologised and the matter is closed.

I've got no idea how Ponting and Howard are related to racism, someone is going to have to fill me in there...
Because he thinks Murali chucks (Howard) :wacko: :blink: 8-) :wacko:

Sudeep

International Captain
Andre said:

All Ponting said was that Murali's tests are questionable, and he should be evaluated under match conditions. I don't see anything wrong in that.

So yeah, Sri Lanka would be too dumb to make a racism issue out of it.

Andre

International Regular
Sudeep Popat said:
All Ponting said was that Murali's tests are questionable, and he should be evaluated under match conditions. I don't see anything wrong in that.

So yeah, Sri Lanka would be too dumb to make a racism issue out of it.
It's not that they would be too dumb, they are simply hindered by the fact there is nothing racial involved...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I can't see anything but a flame war coming out of this thread.

It's a spurious and hypothetical premise that's more than a little unlikely.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.