• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 15 West Indies Cricketers Ranked By Total ODI Runs (1972 - 2019)

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting to see that Phil Simmoms didn't lag too far behind Lara and Hooper with his runs accumulation through the early 90s. Even got 3 tons in a year once. I always pictured him as pretty trash

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Interesting to find that Haynes overtook Viv during Viv's playing days. Has to do a lot with him being an opener and Viv dropping down the order I guess.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Held the centuries record for a long time as well. 17 looked like such a huge number in the early '90s till Sachin and Anwar starting racking them up.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Sir Viv had a 300 run head-start but still Haynes overtook him during his playing days itself. That's a great thing. In ODIs there is no major difference in terms of number of balls faced while opening and playing at 3/4 and so I don't think Viv playing down the order should work against Haynes.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Also illustrates how good Gayle and Sarwan were as ODI players from 2002 onwards. We were very lucky to have them during that period but still couldn't forge a winning team.

Would love for Gayle to become our top ODI scorer during the World Cup. I think he needs around 300 runs.