• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2019 Ashes

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Richardson is Steyn 2.0.

That's what I'm running with.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Two things I like and one I dislike about Pattinson’s bowling at the moment. I like how he’s getting ****s out caught in the cordon not just blasting through their front doors and how cheap his wickets have been. What I don’t like is that some **** replaced his spine with wet cardboard, presumably why he bowled half the overs of the other Vic quicks this season.

Top_Cat

Reckon Starc’s cracked a method in Canberra that’ll go well for him in late-season England too, quick and straight, don’t worry about swing, less short stuff and use length to raise the temperature. The Ambrose model. See what kind of WC he has.

Last edited:

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Two things I like and one I dislike about Pattinson’s bowling at the moment. I like how he’s getting ****s out caught in the cordon not just blasting through their front doors and how cheap his wickets have been. What I don’t like is that some **** replaced his spine with wet cardboard, presumably why he bowled half the overs of the other Vic quicks this season.
I think Pattinson was limited in how many overs he was allowed to bowl early in the season. I read somewhere that he was no longer limited in the last few matches. His injury history and durability is a concern but hopefully he can stay fit.

aussie tragic

International Captain
If Aus 5 quicks are Cummins, Pattinson. Statc, Richardson and Hazlewood, can someone advise who are Englands?

Anderson, Broad, ???

I know Stokes is one, but he's a quality AR that Aus doesnt have.

Burgey

I think that Curran bloke will be there, and they're still hopeful Mark Wood will do something I think. Wasn't there some suggestion that bloke Archer who plays for Hobart in the BBL would get a game? He and Wood are the only two you can't time with a sundial, as far as I know.

FBU

International Debutant
If Aus 5 quicks are Cummins, Pattinson. Statc, Richardson and Hazlewood, can someone advise who are Englands?

Anderson, Broad, ???

I know Stokes is one, but he's a quality AR that Aus doesnt have.
Anderson, Broad, Wood, Stokes, Woakes, Curran. Can't see Wood playing more than two Tests.

Most overs bowled in a series

Lyon 260.1 - Ashes 2017
Anderson 223.3 - Ashes 2017
Cummins 197.1 - Ashes 2017
Broad 195.0 - Ashes 2017
Hazelwood 190.5 - Ashes 2017
Siddle 189.5 - Ashes 2013
Ali 188.1 - India 2016
Woakes 167.0 - Ashes 2017
Starc 162.3 - Ashes 2017
Wood 118.4 - Ashes 2015
Stokes 116.5 - Ashes 13/14
Pattinson 91.1 - Ashes 2013
Curran 77.4 - India 2018
Richardson 51.0 - SL 2019

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
4 Ashes hopefuls kick off their county season today.

Siddle - Essex
Pattinson - Notts
Renshaw - Kent
Bancroft - Durham

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah Patto is still wrapped up in CA branded cotton wool until the county 50 over stuff starts, only a couple of weeks away

aussie tragic

International Captain
Oh okay. How does CA control Pattinson when he doesn't hold a CA contract?

I guess they paid his medical treatment do control his recovery?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely going to take a lot more of an interest in county cricket this season, partly with an eye towards the Ashes but also in a more general sense

aussie tragic

International Captain
Me too, hence my premature false news. Who'd of thought that paying overseas players big money means that they don't have to turn up for the first game... I guess county cricket not so important ;)

Tom Flint

International Regular
Fair play to Maxwell playing today against the university team. He must really want to be in the ashes. Good to see when most players these days seem to put money or end of season dinners before the longer format

flibbertyjibber

Joe Clarke scoring a ton on debut for Notts batting at 4, be interesting if he is moved to 3 in the coming weeks or will he be blacklisted still for the court case?

FBU

International Debutant
4 Ashes hopefuls kick off their county season today.

Siddle - Essex
Pattinson - Notts
Renshaw - Kent
Bancroft - Durham
6 for Siddle today,

Six fast bowlers for Australia - Pattinson, Starc, Cummings, Richardson, Hazelwood and Siddle?

Australia will take the extraordinary step of naming its 2019 Ashes squad just six days before the first Test later this year.