• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2019

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We can debate the moralistic view till the end of time. Facts are Ashwin is paid to win games for his team, he was losing the game if butler bats to the end. Its within the rules.
So if it gets done to him in return in the final or World Cup Final it is fine is it?

vcs

So if it gets done to him in return in the final or World Cup Final it is fine is it?
Joke's on you lol, his ODI career is (hopefully) over.

Though I wouldn't put it past the Indian selectors to do something daft like picking him in the squad if he manages to have a good IPL.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Watching the replay I think Ashwin was out of order, Butler would only have been out if his crease after Ashwin delivered the ball.

One thing I would say is that Butler is a serial offender at leaving his crease early though. He does it more than any one else I've noticed.

I genuinely think they should just say the batsman had to have his best behind the crease until the ball has left the hand. Cut out all this rubbish.

Burgey

Shows how far Ashwin has fallen that he needed to pull this sort of stunt to gain some measure of relevance.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Shane Warne can shut his butt down on this topic. Look who's talking - the drug-cheat.

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ashwin has performed what might be the biggest flex of the IQ ever seen on any cricket field.

SillyCowCorner1

This match had an eery vibe to the last match of the Bangladesh-Windies game last December. The T20I.

Windies made about the same amount of runs that Punjab made today...and BD came out with guns blazing, chasing the target. Buttler played the role of Liton Das today.

BD were ahead of the game the same way the Royals did today...

Then an umpiring fault caused the game to halt for a few minutes. These few minutes chased the entire complexion of the game. A collapse ensued...and the rest is history.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah I normally back Mankad's (the Sri Lanka one was 100% fine) but this one he has literally delayed delivering the ball to run him out. Absolutely pony white ball bowler tbf though so he needs this kind of stuff.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ashwin should grab a few more Mankad dismissals in every game. That's the only thing that can make this boring IPL circus watchable for me.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Those cheerleaders are like fish out of water. The guy cheerleader for Royals looks like he was plucked out of an Ivy League school's marching band.

The add no value whatsoever to the game. Then again, this is not real cricket.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ashwin even cheated Ajinkya by bowling a carrom ball when he was actually expecting an off spin from an off spinner. That's against the spirit of the game, too.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wish more bowlers would start mankading batsmen. Nothing frustrates me more than seeing the non- striker halfway down the pitch before a shot has been played.

TheJediBrah

But was it even out by the laws? I know they changed it recently right so that u could run the non-striker out at any time even in the delivery stride? Or was it the opposite?