• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast bowlers that can

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Lee was a fine bowler, but imo he tarnished his reputation with that tasteless sideshow assault on the virtually defenseless Piers Morgan a few years ago. I can't stand Morgan, and yes he threw down the challenge, but I was still disappointed at the way Lee went after him.
I would say the exact opposite, I reckon he went easy on that vile ****. Deserves everything he got and more, Piers Morgan

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Charles Kortright once bowled a ball that hit the sight screen without a second bounce tho

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Only cricket fans seem to genuinely believe that their sportsmen gets less physically capable over time, compared to literally any other profession in the world.

This is mainly due to retired bowlers magically becoming able to be at their best at all times, once they've not been on TV for a while.
I think with cricket, it's also worth noting that the cricketers of previous eras were physically strong from manual labour, and they had to work their way into rep cricket by doing hard yards both on the field and in the field, so to speak. Modern cricketers are more professional athletes who are probably streamed from about 13/14/15 years of age into development squads with biomechanists and blah blah.

How this translates with fast bowling I'm not entirely sure, but I think there is a difference in modern quicks this generation.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I think with cricket, it's also worth noting that the cricketers of previous eras were physically strong from manual labour, and they had to work their way into rep cricket by doing hard yards both on the field and in the field, so to speak. Modern cricketers are more professional athletes who are probably streamed from about 13/14/15 years of age into development squads with biomechanists and blah blah.
How is this any different to other sports though?