• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ rise to 2nd in Test rankings for first time

Athlai

Not Terrible
ICC men's test rankings

1. India 116

2. New Zealand 107

3. South Africa 105

4= Australia 104

England 104

6. Sri Lanka 93

7. Pakistan 88

8. West Indies 77

9. Bangladesh 69

10. Zimbabwe 13

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
We have been there before in the historical rankings ... I tracked it down a while ago.

But still, awesome and well deserved! :)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
We're decent atm and this is good reward, but I'd really like to see us win a series against both South Africa and Australia, home or away, to justify being above them.

Sounds like we should got on the plane to South Africa tomorrow and play a couple of tests.

vandem

International 12th Man

Mike5181

International Captain
We're decent atm and this is good reward, but I'd really like to see us win a series against both South Africa and Australia, home or away, to justify being above them.

Sounds like we should got on the plane to South Africa tomorrow and play a couple of tests.
I think we'd still lose but South Africa are definitely vulnerable at the moment. Amla's past it, Bavuma hasn't really developed as well as they'd like. Elgar is out of form. Morkel, Abbott, de Villiers are gone. Bowling is still top tier but Philander and Steyn are injury-prone.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I like how NZ went from last (6th) in February 1982 to second in August 1982.

And all we did in that time was draw a home series 1-1 with Australia! I guess some dreadful results must have dropped off the start of the period.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Makes even more of a mockery the fact SL & the Windies get to play lots more Test cricket than us. Certainly in recent times.