• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia Tour of India 2019

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Handscomb in the T20 side makes no sense. Wade would be a far superior batsman and keeper. Just weird stuff.

I reckon he should float. Has the pads on to bat four, but if there's a decent start he goes in at three. If they lose two quick wickets and it's hooping, he gets held back. Obviously, if they're chasing a big target, he would go in as early as possible.
Yeah this seems like common sense. Especially if they insist on picking blokes like Khawaja and Smarsh in the top 4.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seems like to complex a plan for Langer

He can't really keep him at 7 after that but he really thinks Maxi is only good for biffing it over the fence in the final five overs

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Good stuff from Maxi last night. Belted the absolute cover off of the ball. Looking forward to watching highlights of his dig.

Daemon

Maxwell hitting form very timely it must be said. Hopefully he’s exhausted it by June.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
India's bowling options are terrible lol. Like are they taking turns resting? When Bhuvi plays Shammi is not there, when Shammi plays Bhuvi is rested. Need to give Ishant a go in limited overs, I genuinely think he's improved as a bowler overall.

Burgey

At best Maxi would make the Ashes squad, don't know who he would replace in teh starting XI, given his batting position at that level is five or six. Head is nailed on to start the Ashes (as he should be), and KPat has looked the most technically adept test player we've had all summer. Smith will walk back in at four and the Pillow will start at three. I suppose they could drop the Pillow, move KPat to three and have Maxi at six (I wouldn't be opposed to this btw) but I can't see that happening until the Pillow has ****ed up enough to ensure the Ashes are lost.

SillyCowCorner1

India's bowling options are terrible lol. Like are they taking turns resting? When Bhuvi plays Shammi is not there, when Shammi plays Bhuvi is rested. Need to give Ishant a go in limited overs, I genuinely think he's improved as a bowler overall.
Complacency kills

vcs

Maxwell-Handscomb partnership was brilliant, risk-free batting. Apart from Kaul, I thought India didn't bowl all that badly.