• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia Tour of India 2019

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So I only looked at the scorecard but was Dhoni's innings as bad as it looks on paper? And if so how does he keep getting picked?

Feel as though this question gets asked nearly every game
Denied about 6+ singles only to swing wildly and pop it to the 30 yard. As difficult to bat as it was in the later overs, it was just painful to watch. Tbf if there was someone else on the other end who could bat he would get those singles and be at an sr of 100. Not great but in the context not that bad either.

OverratedSanity

Looks like another woeful innings from Dhoni. Unlike in odis, Dhoni hasn't really declined in t20s. He's always been trash in the format.

TheJediBrah

Just saw that Carey was left our for Handscomb. I would be much happier with that in the ODIs than the T20s.

Fair enough, but I didn't count those unavailable for selection for whatever reason, of people who could have been picked that weren't there really is not many
Well that kind of defeats the purpose

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
It's time to demote Dhoni from ATG to ATVG
He is not even ATVG in T20s. 2 half centuries in 12 years of playing T20Is is not good enough. Also dot ball percentage is really high, probably among the worst ever in T20s. I am not talking about just the last match.

Is still an ATG in ODIs though, by the skin of his teeth. Just below Bevan for me.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He is not even ATVG in T20s. 2 half centuries in 12 years of playing T20Is is not good enough. Also dot ball percentage is really high, probably among the worst ever in T20s. I am not talking about just the last match.

Is still an ATG in ODIs though, by the skin of his teeth. Just below Bevan for me.
He's easily an ATG ODI cricketer. Even if you believe Gilchrist is ahead of him, he's still the second best ODI keeper. And many people would place him ahead of Gilchrist.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
He's easily an ATG ODI cricketer. Even if you believe Gilchrist is ahead of him, he's still the second best ODI keeper. And many people would place him ahead of Gilchrist.
I was comparing him with Bevan. Would rate Dhoni and Glichrist about the same.

My point is same as yours. Dhoni is ATG in ODIs, decent to average in T20s.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like another woeful innings from Dhoni. Unlike in odis, Dhoni hasn't really declined in t20s. He's always been trash in the format.
He somehow does well in every IPL. Even in the most recent IPL, he was instrumental in CSK winning it. But couldn't replicate the same in internationals.

morgieb

Dhoni's T20I record is hardly disastrous, tbf. Averaging 37 is very good for the format. SR a bit of a problem for where he bats admittedly but even then it's 125, it's not like he's striking at 100 or something.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Dhoni's T20I record is hardly disastrous, tbf. Averaging 37 is very good for the format. SR a bit of a problem for where he bats admittedly but even then it's 125, it's not like he's striking at 100 or something.
125 is pretty trash, for a lot of his career India has had pretty solid top order batting in T20s and he has done nothing with the platforms given to him.