• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia Tour of India 2019

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
What a win! It's been a long time since India lost a game due to its bowling. Super effort.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a finish. $35 down and have to work in 4 hours though lol

I know they were probably sick of not taking the run due to Stoin's bold plan failing, but I really would have preferred Lyon to tell Zampa one will do on that second last ball. Lyon's improved out of sight with the bat and Zampas a bonafide 11

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Lolstraya. Can't get 29 in 5 overs with 4 wickets in hand haha

In seriousness, most credit for the win should go to Bumrah. Those 2 end overs were superb.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
What a marvellous win this is. Magnificent from Kohli, then a winning situation manufactured by Bumrah, Vijay Shankar keeping his cool under immense pressure.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Next game at Ranchi. Dhoni's home ground and should be his last international game there. Expecting a good innings to sign off for Dhoni like how Gayle did last week.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Shankar's bowling overall is still not much good. Can't be a replacement for Pandya really.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Shankar's bowling overall is still not much good. Can't be a replacement for Pandya really.
Yes, Shankar can play only when Jadhav plays and it is the kind of pitch where Jadhav can bowl a lot of overs. Still a long way to go to complete a decent 10 over spell in ODIs.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhawan, Rohit, Kohli, Rayudu, Dhoni, Jadhav, Hardik, Kuldeep, Chahal, Shami, Bumrah Reserves: Jadeja, Bhuvi, Dinesh Karthik

I believe the above 14 are locked for the WC. 15th spot is in contention now between Rahul, Pant and Shankar.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Dhawan, Rohit, Kohli, Rayudu, Dhoni, Jadhav, Hardik, Kuldeep, Chahal, Shami, Bumrah Reserves: Jadeja, Bhuvi, Dinesh Karthik

I believe the above 14 are locked for the WC. 15th spot is in contention now between Rahul, Pant and Shankar.
Karthik shouldn't be locked. What has he done in ODIs really? His ODI batting record is like Jadeja's except his strike rate is 10 lower than Jadeja's. Karthik must be the most overrated cricketer in India today, and maybe in the world too.

Also I'll play Jadeja in the XI ahead of Chahal. Number 8 is an important batting position.

Last edited:

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Lolstraya. Can't get 29 in 5 overs with 4 wickets in hand haha

In seriousness, most credit for the win should go to Bumrah. Those 2 end overs were superb.
Seems to a reversal of the late nineties and early noughties... atleast in ODIs... India used to put up good fights but Aus would always find a way to overcome... there used to be even a meme Australianism.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I'll not have Jadeja in the squad even. Especially if Shankar is in there. Can't stuff too many all/no-rounders.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Karthik shouldn't be locked. What has he done in ODIs really? His ODI batting record is like Jadeja's except his strike rate is 10 lower than Jadeja's. Karthik must be the most overrated cricketer in India today, and maybe in the world too.

Also I'll play Jadeja in the XI ahead of Chahal. Number 8 is an important batting position.
Yes, I love Jaddu and I will play him ahead of Chahal too. But not sure if Kohli will. Also, the Kulcha combo has been very successful in ODIs. It would have been great if any of the batsmen could bowl or bowlers could bat.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wouldn't be in favour of replacing Chahal with Jadeja. Will be delicious if India wins the WC with four #11s.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jaddu's fielding is such a bonus. Definitely needs to be part of the squad, no doubt about that.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Jaddu's fielding is such a bonus. Definitely needs to be part of the squad, no doubt about that.
Yeah Jadeja is a clutch player for sure, definitely offers a counter balance to Kuldeep who would be our premier spinner in the WC.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Shankar
Dhoni
Pandya
Jadhav
Jadeja
Kuldeep
Bhuvi / Shammi