• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia Tour of India 2019

Bijed

International Regular
It is all that one would want from any format.

If test matches are interesting, all test test matches are interesting; not just the test series between the #1 and #2 ranked teams; and FC matches would not be 'pointless'.
Oh, absolutely agreed, although I'd be lying if I said I didn't look forward to some test series more than others, even if my ultimate enjoyment of the matches bears no correlation to this. ODIs I now look forward to pretty much every match/series equally - T20s too, though these tend to interest me much less in general

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Every ODI is important, but what truly separates the best from the rest is world cup wins. It's no good England going around beating everyone in the lead up if they don't win the tournament, just like it didn't matter in 1996 that Australia beat Sri Lanka in a tri series soon after (or before, my memory is a bit fuzzy) and it didn't matter in 1999 that South Africa were the best side in the world. All that matters is South Africa throwing it away in the semis.

Each ODI is one I want to win, just like tests. I hate that Australia have got the worst win/ loss record over the last two years that I think I've ever seen from a top 8 nation. Even a world cup win won't remove the pain of being so bad for the last two years, but it would help alleviate it somewhat.

stephen

And this is why Zampa should play in every ODI. He gets wickets and wickets are awesome.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year

Borges

International Regular
Correct CricketWeb terminology: moderate upgrade >>> considerable upgrade, moderate upgrade > stupendous upgrade etc.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I like ODIs as long as they're low scoring/played on difficult wickets. Anyone coming of age in the 90s would agree. Groundsmen should be judged on pitches fetching nothing above 300 on a consistent basis, and preferably somewhere between 250-275.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Correct CricketWeb terminology: moderate upgrade >>> considerable upgrade, moderate upgrade > stupendous upgrade etc.
So Mark Taylor is a stupendous upgrade over Michael Slater. Also, World cups are moderate upgrades over JAMODIs.

Borges

International Regular
These guys are just wasting their time; the wickets in England are not going to be anything like thins one.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Good to see the much derided Indian middle order rising up to the task when needed. Precisely why these matches are required before a world cup.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah the middle order have stepped up in the last few series which is somewhat reassuring.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhoni's still so good in these situations. Hopefully the WC has some low scoring games for Dhoni to get a chance to do something like this.

harsh.ag

We've always known this team is excellent at chasing middling scores. Karthik and Pandya are the only reliable ones (down the order) in a 300+ chase.